*** TORQEN *** Let's talk wheel spacers!

Adrian@TORQEN

Guys,

We're currently working on some awesome quality, high-end hub centric wheel spacers.

They will be made from 7075-T6 forged Aluminium billet, which is virtually twice as strong in comparison with the 6061-T6 cast Aluminium used on other similar products. These will be capable to withstand extreme levels of stress (track, racing, rally, drifting etc), but also to any normal road use. The normal cast 6061-T6 Aluminium wheel spacers can only be used in low stress environment because of the bad mechanical performance of the recycled Aluminium used in manufacturing them, which may pose a safety threat to the driver. Forged is also 1.2 times more expensive than the casting.

The studs will be SCM435 steel with a strength of 10.9 grade, being Limited Life Range Tested (1 Million Times) and SGS certified.

Lug nuts will be made from 45# Steel with a strength of 8 grade.

Anti-Rust level will be 72 hours NSS test, which generally means that products passing this test will not rust within the first 6 years of use.

There will further tests done, like the SGS here in UK, reports being made public once we received them.

Machining precision: Circularity: 0.02mm, Perpendicularity: 0.03mm, Parallelism: 0.03mm, Concentricity: 0.04mm, PCD true position: 0.02mm

Lastly, they will be hard anodising surface treated, in black.

Now, considering all the above, the prices won't be extremely cheap, but not extremely expensive, trying to keep it down somewhere below £200 for a pair. They will be available from 15mm to 50mm, in stock, ready to be shipped.

Before we start manufacturing them, have you got any suggestion? Is there anything else that we have not covered?

Thanks a lot!

Adrian

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Send me a set of 25mm for testing.

I've used eibach spacers on my zed from far back as 2009 and it's not failed yet on trackday etc

Im going to the ring and can trash the hell out of them to show that these are over engineered and a good thingðŸ‘

My suggestion will be to get 5-30mm spacers in increments of 5mm. This is by far the popular range as most after market wheels come with <ET 40.

Another idea would be to get PCD adaptor spacers made to order to enable the zed to use other wheels with different PCD. Eg 5/114.3 to 5/120(BMW)

Edited by GT4 Zed

• 3 weeks later...