bye bye...

red or zed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Not a happy bunny....

Washed her and filled her up with juice. Got all the docs in her nice leather zed folder. Sorted time off work and then drove to liverpool airport to meet the buyer

3 mins looking at the car..."nah, its not for me"

"oh" I said...

"yeah, got to go, ive got to catch my flight back to Ireland" says he.

and that was that...until 25 mins later when id driven to work...

a phonecall

"sorry for wasting your time...what if i offered you £...."

needless to say i polietely declined, which i would have done even if he offered me a sensible amont of money.

im not sure what these people get off on, but i never expected to have my time such royally wasted like that. Ive sold a car to an irish chap before and he was a great guy, stuck to his word he did. But this idiot :angry:

My fault I know for expecting it to go smoothly, but im still annoyed that people can waste others time like that. Retired he was apparently. Obviously the concept of someone actually working is a distant memory to him.

Ive now got to let the chap I was going to be dealing with down now too.

Honestly, some people. In a way im glad he hasnt got my car. he doesnt deserve to own a zed

:rant: over

Matt

Nah, thats not really my cuppa tea to be honest, but thanks anyway.

Im just annoyed on so many levels from taking time to sort out the sale, to arranging a hire car and to sorting out my next car too, so its not just me its put out.

I just dont see the point of acting like that and im a bit annoyed for being so naive in a way. Thing is, from my last car sale I have no reason to doubt the integrity of someone coming that distance. Obviously thats now ruined it for anyone else who may call and be interested in this car or any other i have for sale in the future.

Im not daft when it comes to buying and selling, but there is a degree of trust involved and when people just blatantly abuse that, its hard then justify accomodating others in the future...

The only thing I can think of is that he was thinking you'd turn round and accept the crappy offer. I very much doubt he'd of had a return flight booked virtually within minutes of arrival. He's a chancer hoping you'd feel pressured into selling. Probably went off to look at other cars.

He might even be a dodgy dealer. There's one just round the corner from where I work. Last year he had a convertible red Z. Was an import with a UK reg. Fog light hanging off the rear bumper. He was looking for the same amount as an Irish car. Nearly all imports here cost the same as domestic.

If you change your mind let me know.

Gutted for you mate.

I've experienced time wasters in the past and what with the care you need to take dealing privately (unless you know them or they have been vouched for) is the reason I now only sell to a garage (usually the one I'm buying the next car from or the dealership I bought from who know/can see how I look after my cars).

Yes, you take a hit on value but better the peace of mind you are getting and potentially stung for a whole lot more and hassle sorting it out (if you can) but there is also no messing about getting the timing right to suit the pick-up of your next set of wheels.

Hope you make the sale soon and can move on :thumbs:

Gutted fella, that's a really sh1t story. Out of interest how was he going to pay? Cash, Bankers Draft or Chaps?

Reason I ask is, when I sold my IS200 the guy came on a train from Newcastle with cash £9k on him, I couldn't believe it , phonecalls all seemed genuine, I met him at Chester Station, he looked at the car and said yup ok, he agreed that I could take him to the bank with £9k on him , £2k out of left pocket, £2k out of right, £3k in wallet and £2k from his undercrackers (in an envelope trust me!) :wacko: paid into my bank direct, bank said yup ok cleared, he dropped me off, gave him the keys and drove off.

Still can't believe it.....still the moral to the story is...there are some genuine buyers out there.

And I'd do it again (and remember on your selling terms) - cash - straight to bank - deal done (or Chaps and never bankers draft). Oh, and I took a mate as well as I was bricking it thinking of somebody coming to come and look at my car with that amount of cash on them. The guy ran a local mobile shop and looks like he dealed in a lot of cash.

Thanks for the replies guys

Ebized, I know what you are saying about trading in, it really is much easier if you can do it that way, but in the case of mine, i just wasnt prepared to take the hit of trade in value. Works the other way too- id much rather buy my performance car off an enthusiast rather than a garage. Thats just me though which is why, in a way, i cant moan too much about what happened yesterday!

Ive sold my cars in all sorts of ways in the past, the most noticeable was my S2000 which was a whole cash sale! The chap who bought it off me though was spot on and as good as gold, but i must admit i did get some very strange looks from the bank when i took the money in to bank!

Anyway, after a very stressful morning yesterday, the day ended well as ive managed to sell my car to someone else. :yahoo:

The guy was spot on and he's given me a holding deposit for the time being so i feel a lot better about this sale!

not sure at which point the car was sold- my endless enthusiasm and knowledge of the zed maybe...or was it the chance encouter with an E36 M3 evo whilst i was taking him for a drive...

his comment "he aint getting past, is he!" sealed the deal I think...;)

so after a very mixed day yesterday, it all ended ok. I will be sure to direct the new buyer onto here as he was sound as a pound.

It will be a sad day when she goes but i have to remember my reasons for selling...

Matt