Which Bodykit?

gumpy000

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been covered. but......What make is best for body kits? do they all have bad fitment? Iv asked my local body shop for advice as I don't want to go buy a 'nice' looking kit to find the fitment a nightmare which ends up costing me more than another that would fit. They suggested fibreglass kits are the worse and maybe to look for a plastic kit? Is there such thing for the 350z? If not then which makes are best? Who has had dealing with kits that are good? Iv seen a lot of you on here mentioning how much of a nightmare your kit was, but not any with WOW easy and surprisingly good fit. Any suggestions? Thanks

most aftermarket kits usually need a bit of fettling to fit. kind of pot luck if it goes on easy or not. Even some big brand names like Veilside and Chargespeed need some kind of work to get it to line up correctly

What style kit interests you?

Edited by jumping350

"most" replica kits will need work, even some originals will need work i.e Chargespeed, Ings etc

On the most part though originals will need very minor fettling if anything, replicas will often need more extensive work to get lined up/follow the shape etc

I bought a replica Chargespeed rear last year and by the time it was made to fit properly and sprayed it would have cost the same to have bought and fitted an original, in hind sight i should have just gone original. A replica would be fine if the savings were there, but it does need to work out cheaper than an original imho.

I guess it also depends on how particular you are :)

I understand Tarmacs replicas to be very good, but was under the impression rt performance were also, sadly my findings were quite different and soon after someone else raised issue on the same basis of fitment.

The good thing with grp/frp it is easy to modify, not sure you will find any plastic kits, even genuine Nismo is grp/frp.

Genuine Nismo would be your best bet if you want to just bolt up and not have to fettle.

• Like 1

Yeah this is my thinking/findings. I love the chargespeed one! but I do find a lot of zed have that one so have kinda said at present no. If it wasn't a kit I went for I was thinking maybe a rear splitter or diffuser but I am so indecisive!

Yeah this is my thinking/findings. I love the chargespeed one! but I do find a lot of zed have that one so have kinda said at present no. If it wasn't a kit I went for I was thinking maybe a rear splitter or diffuser but I am so indecisive!

It is popular, but imho its probably one of only a couple that looks better than oem.

Here s mine with the charge speed rear bumper (tweaked for my ARK Grip) with side skirts to match. Supplied and fitted by the best body shop on here (in my oinion) RT Performance. They will make supply and fit the chargespeed for you...

newz3_zps5fq1lyjc.jpg

what are the others in your opinion then? be nice to see some others? I was am tempted with tarmac rear diffuser?

I tell you something I like that I've only seen on literally one or two 350Z's is when the rear bumper has been modified to accommodate the 370Z rear diffuser.

Like Darryl's (Jumping350) below...

WP_000082_zpsn4aonpwx.jpg

Source: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/83958-jumping350-build-pic-heavy-small-update-154/page__st__160#entry1466321

That is a very cool thing to do imo and it also means you can have two reverse lights with the rear fog light being the original 370Z one after the mod. What do you think? :shrug::thumbs:

• Like 1

what are the others in your opinion then? be nice to see some others? I was am tempted with tarmac rear diffuser?

I tell you something I like that I've only seen on literally one or two 350Z's is when the rear bumper has been modified to accommodate the 370Z rear diffuser.

Source: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/83958-jumping350-build-pic-heavy-small-update-154/page__st__160#entry1466321

That is a very cool thing to do imo and it also means you can have two reverse lights with the rear fog light being the original 370Z one after the mod. What do you think? :shrug::thumbs:

Does look good I agree there :thumbs:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hmm I think this is the first time I have to disagree with you Gareth :p not a big fan of that look, but then again I'm in love with the chargespeed rear, as common as it may becoming :cloud9: