Wanted: F + R big brake kit and any info

Ruddles

Looking to upgrade my car in many areas, brakes before engine. So I'm after a complete big brake kit upgrade.

I know there's quite a few out there, k sport, bbk, will wood, torquen. Has anyone had any experience with an upgrade on the 350z in terms of reliability, stopping power, maintainibility, cost and fitments?

Budget can go up to 2.5k as I've seen the Torquen section on here but just wanting to get as much information as possible before I buy!!

Cheers

It's for upcoming upgrades, which for me is the probability of either turbo or Chevvy V8. So as you can see, improving the brakes is a necessity 😊. There may be track days however the car will remain mostly a weekend car.

What sort of prices are AP and Stoptech Alex? Didn't you use AP on your track car?

£2.5K will get you a set of 4pot 355mm all round stoptechs from CZP in the US.

I was so close to buying them before the 370Z brakes but the money saved in buying the 370 brakes bought the remaining parts i needed for my build

I've been a mechanical engineer for over 30 years and I can assure you the quality of the brakes I have purchased is as good as any I've seen and at an excellent price as well

They come with a two year guarantee too.

For what I need (weekend and occasional track car) they look good enough for me when the Supercharger goes on :)

Looking to upgrade my car in many areas, brakes before engine. So I'm after a complete big brake kit upgrade.

I know there's quite a few out there, k sport, bbk, will wood, torquen. Has anyone had any experience with an upgrade on the 350z in terms of reliability, stopping power, maintainibility, cost and fitments?

Budget can go up to 2.5k as I've seen the Torquen section on here but just wanting to get as much information as possible before I buy!!

Cheers

I might be selling the Akebono calipers and pads from my car if you're interested pm me

I think it really does depend on what you want to spend. Yes you can spend 2.5k plus ..... I opted for the akebono set up from torqen , along with hawk pads / braided lines/ rb600 fluid and drilled/ slotted discs .... It's a revelation compared with the brembo set up ...... I think with more aggressive pad and 2pc discs this set up would be ample for your needs . You can also sell your brembos on , as I did so the whole set up cost me 1k ..... Bargain :)

No .... I got got £700 .... Or was it £750 , can't remember !

Bought Adrian's / torqen akebono set up for ..... Can't exactly remember again!! About £1700 ...

So cost me 1k to swop .

..... A bargain way to get a great set up .... I will add I'm only using them on a road car so can't comment on how they would hold up on track . I, like you wanted to get the suspension ( went with eibach arb, bilstein b6 shocks and tein springs) and brakes / tyres ( mpss 255/285) before I added more power ( stillen HR kit from torqen , being fitted next week) .......

Bought Adrian's / torqen akebono set up for ..... Can't exactly remember again!! About £1700 ...

So cost me 1k to swop .

..... A bargain way to get a great set up .... I will add I'm only using them on a road car so can't comment on how they would hold up on track . I, like you wanted to get the suspension ( went with eibach arb, bilstein b6 shocks and tein springs) and brakes / tyres ( mpss 255/285) before I added more power ( stillen HR kit from torqen , being fitted next week) .......

I recon you'll be running before me lol

• Like 1

So cost me 1k to swop .

I recon you'll be running before me lol

I'm not banking on it !!

Goes in next Friday ..... Ill be happy to get it back within 2 weeks