Bluetooth OBD2 reader and torque app. problem connecting to ecu

dedward

hi guys,

ive had a quick look around the forums but cant find an answer,

ive now bought 2 different obd2 elm327 blue tooth readers,

and have the same issue with both, i can connect both my sony phone and android HU to the blue tooth adapter, however on the torque app it stated that it cannot connect to the cars Ecu.

this is driving me mad..

anyone else had this problem?

I'm having the same trouble mate. I bought two different elm adapters - one blue and one white. They both work fine with my Polo but I get the same issue with the zed.

My phone connects to it but torque app says it can't read ECU :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Try downloading a few free apps - I use Car Gauge Pro and NDS Lite and both work with a generic ELM 27 and mines a JDM

Edited by Mudman

The iphone doesn't have the torque app... nor does it have proper bluetooth

Any way I actually made some progress, managed to connect to the ECU using NDS III Lite. It uses the Nissan consult protocol, this works perfectly, reading all sorts of sensors and switches in the Z, definitely not the prettiest app though, there is a paid version with more features and no adds.

So I suspect Nissan turned off the normal OBD protocols

Pro version of torque has consult protocol in beta, but says you need a specific consult adapter, no idea if they will support elm in the future

Edited by psion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm having the same problems as the OP. I have tried a number of apps and a couple of adaptors ( that work in other cars) but can't connect to the zed. Anyone found a solution or an app that will work with the zed?

There's a load of info on this on the JDM section. It will work on. An android BT cons phone but never had it working on anything Apple

Edited by Mudman

I was attempting this on my '03 JDM yesterday. Managed to get my ebay elm clone to work using NDS II lite. Not NDS I, or NDS III! Downloaded the full version to get rid of the horrible ads but yet to test it out. Lite version gave me P codes and live data.