The Nissan Dealer made me do it - My build thread

Jonnymonno

Next was the B&M short shifter from Torqens offer page, I've always fancied one and at the offer price I went for it

Quite easy to install but then I do have a pit, as the linkage pin is right up in the transmission tunnel

A small bit of filing is required for the reverse position but other than that it's an easy mod

03b2977968fe020d4293ae212b5577ea.jpg

d05cacdeea297d556f89857a03fb35fe.jpg

4771c051f47139d1c01cf7a92d11842f.jpg

e9197fd192b232fb23404e79c4bc8e23.jpg

I've re tapped the Mishimoto knob since the above picture so it screws further down to the gaiter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm very impressed with the gear change now, very small movement to change but not sure on the knob

I've ordered a Raceseng anodised red fat one (to match my wheels)closer to the shape of the original as I do like a fatter knob :D

I will get a picture up when it arrives

I'd also fancy a B&M shifter, just not been sure how easy the install would be. I like the idea of tapping my Mishimoto,too. What drill size and depth did u choose and the tap got which thread and gang? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great idea and very kind offer 😀

I'll contact Adrian and depending how quick delivery is i could meet u this Sunday or else next weekend

• Like 1

That's a great idea and very kind offer 😀

I'll contact Adrian and depending how quick delivery is i could meet u this Sunday or else next weekend

No problem René, get on to Adrian and we will sort it :)

afraid so gtr button bought also been looking at all sorts of wheels but I think ive narrowed it down a bit .Also looking at the Top secret full carbon chin spoiler/splitter then after that who knows where zeditis will lead :teeth::lol:B)

• Like 1

afraid so gtr button bought also been looking at all sorts of wheels but I think ive narrowed it down a bit .Also looking at the Top secret full carbon chin spoiler/splitter then after that who knows where zeditis will lead :teeth::lol:B)

Plenty of ideas and traders on here to help you decide :)

• 4 months later...

So on with the next mod ....seats, which I ever thought I would find anything I liked until I was shown these which I snapped up straight away

292416fbd8fca9e93aadd8242a39c08e.jpg

Thanks Adrian ;D

I've been looking at them gathering dust in my garage and thought I'd better make a start.

I priced up the 370z seat rails ... Ha ha ha... Are you kidding on the price?

They came with Bride Seat rails which I decided to alter so stripped them off the seats for a better look and this is how they looked

1694294073218dd8330763d5672447f5.jpg

Not far off at the front but angles all to ****

Miles off at the back

2c3e0ee63f66263d01e9963ff906067f.jpg

Lots of measuring and levelling I made these brackets which would bolt not weld to the seat frames

572c1f89e2fe8ffb2c1b01582061e78a.jpg

I made them to look as similar as possible to the bride mounts

4mm thick with the slotted bolt holes

• Like 1

Next I had to tackle the electrics, so I disconnected the battery and removed all the plugs.

The seats came with side airbags coming from the Nismo Duke,and on further inspection someone previous had cut the plugs off but luckily the wire colours matched up to my Zed so I took the airbag plugs off my seat and wired them in.

The seatbelt wires and fixings unbolted from my seats and went straight on to the Bride seat frames so plugs matched as before

The seat pad sensors had been cut so had to remake the ends with connectors

I reconnected the battery and waited.....all good, everything works

No fault lights and the seatbelt sensors work!! Result

I fitted the seats to the frames and here they are

They are full Recaro's not the part Recaro part Zed bases fitted to the new 370 Nismo's

What do you think, blood sweat and beers but I think we'll worth it

78c21b59c4633952883250201b367cc0.jpg

3db351daffd0dd2c03201d184741f9dd.jpg

6f207bc10630c5e2d9035ba07564c1b9.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Nice work there John .Whats next??? B):stir: Ill give them the bum test at SVM next month see you there mate :thumbs: :thumbs:

No problem mate, can't believe how much lighter they are too than the originals :)

I nearly fell over when I felt the weight of my stock seats

Told you, it's like losing the weight of a passenger :)