The countdown is over!!!

Drexyl

Here it is then, the final countdown to the collection of my lovely new motor. Okay, so it aint brand spankers, but it's new to me, and I'm sure you all know that there aint no better feeling then picking up a new car.

The excitment is overwhelming, my other half is starting to hate me ("just shut up about the f**king thing will you, you ****!"), it's to be expected I suppose, they don't understand about these things do they. If it's an ad on telly for a new mascara, then they get all spazzy, but the really, REALLY important things; power tools, football results, drinking with mates, GETTIN' A NEW CAR!!! just seem to float over them, no?

Anyhoo, rant over. T-minus 10 days and counting...... 10..........

@*!#! I have to wait 'til tomorrow to say "9", bollocks!!!

One last thing, I have an appeal to all of you on here. Those of you that read my intro post will know that I work away from home. A lot! I'm home now because the weather is too rough to work. But. I'm on 24 hours notice. So please, please, PLEASE all keep your fingers crossed for methat the phone doesn't ring. I will be forever indebted to you.

Keep the faith :yahoo:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A much colder spell at the start of the period with strong north or northwest winds bringing showers to all parts along with some clear or sunny spells. The showers wintry over hills especially in the north where accumulations of snow are possible. The driest sunniest weather over inland central and southern parts. Through next week the generally unsettled weather is expected to continue with showers and some longer spells of rain. The heaviest rain towards the north and west where it will be windy at times with the driest and brightest conditions towards the south and southeast. Temperatures generally rising nearer to normal and becoming milder at times especially over the south whilst some colder interludes are likely to continue to affect the north.

Looking good for collection if not driving :lol:

Thanks for the weather rep, martin. To be honest with you, that one doesn't really have much bearing on my work, try this

http://www.northseaweather.co.uk/marine/charts/58N000E.htm

That's what I need to keep an eye on, and the middle graph is the the one that affects me. If the significant wave height drops below 1.5 metres for more than 2 days, I'm gone! :scare::rant:

Hey, sarnie, I have put a whole stack of petrol money back, don't think I'll be sleeping for a day or two after collection! :teeth::teeth::teeth: [/url]

Yeah, that's right mate, it's something that I'm dreading right now. I've been at home for 3 1/2 weeks now on standby, and when they figure out how much it's costing them in team retainers, they're bound to start making demands.

I'm a diver up there, but the work we're doing is all shallow stuff, and on air. so the swell plays a significant factor in our abiltiy to do the job. Anything over 1.5 metres makes it impossible to do anything. You cant inspect a platform member 13 metres down if the sea is sweeping you away from the job with every wave!!!

At some point, the grown-ups will start adding figures together, though. Just as long as they don't do it before the 15th :scare:

You're absolutely right, sarnie. I apologise unreservedly for lowering the tone on the forum.

I've just been watching the vids of your top gear track day :thumbs: , I have to say they're dead impressive, I'm totally jealous and hope I get the opportunity to do something similar over the coming months. It must've been an absolute scream B)

Mate, you sound just like me 10 days ago... i posted on here with 4 hours to go! You know what i did the night i picked i up? i slept like a baby!

i had a week of sleepless nights just thinking about it constantly, but as soon as i got it, i could finally relax and switch my brain off!

And yeh... i spent £160 on fuel in the first 4 days.

Y'know, it occurs to me that I haven't felt this sort of excitment since I bought my last car, and that was about 6 years ago! I remember the feelings of anticipation before going to pick 'er up, arriving at the showroom and talking with the salesman for the last time as he handed me the keys.

Then came those precious few moments as I walked up to that which I had previously coveted and was now mine, before climbing in behind the wheel. That whole experience, the smell of a new car(not brand new, but new to me :D), and then driving off the forecourt in this gleaming, beatifully valeted, far up graded lovely motor and onto a day out of just driving and appreciating my newest procurement. It's gotta be just about the nicest feeling we blokes can have in adulthood with our clothes on.

Okay, so there are those that would say there are things in life that give greater feelings of happiness, childbirth, marriage, and for me, knowing my mum was going to be okay after a very nasty illness had threatened our whole family dynamic, but for sheer pleasure this has got to be right up there.

For those of you that already have your Zeds, I hope I have gone some way to share my anticipation with you as I know that you might be remembering the build up to collecting your pirde and joyses. And I'm sorry that you can't actually feel what I'm getting right now. But, for me and Dave........Bring it on!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Keep the faith

Still feels the same after 18 months mate. Today was a small exception, havent seen it for two weeks and it has been in a car park about 200 yds from a major explosion and fire last week.

The relief at seeing it ( although needing a clean) today was immense. Still in one piece :yahoo:

I know exactly what you mean about the sleepless nights. I'm the same nearly every time I change my car. I can't switch my brain off with the excitement. I'm no better for the first few days after i've got it either. I have to keep looking out of the window. Once I actually had to get up at about 4 in the morning because I just couldn't get to sleep at all! What a saddo!