Reggie the Stillen supercharged 370z

dajw

Tonight I got a bit of a scuff to the front nearside fascia.

A lady reversed into my car. I had reversed, the car behind had also reversed etc. because the Range Rover driver coming the other way had decided he must press on through the traffic, despite the obstruction being on his side.

TP is insured, so it will get sorted.

9ddfb88e683bad8ed8e9783a1dc5b257.jpg

Would a change of bumper potentially help airflow and therefore aid cooling ?

Looking on the brightside here :)

Bodyboarder - dom is helping me out with a parts list for the Quaife , I know he bought it direct from Quaife and it was £816

Bodyboarder - dom is helping me out with a parts list for the Quaife , I know he bought it direct from Quaife and it was £816

I've got the Stillen bumper fitted to my supercharged 370 and it has definitely improved airflow with the huge opening and intake above the number plate

No issues with cooling so far :)

I've got the Stillen bumper fitted to my supercharged 370 and it has definitely improved airflow with the huge opening and intake above the number plate

I like you're bumper but the price plus paint is eye watering

That's a nice front end, but would it work with the rest of the car? I think the 2015 look works as the package with the arch line, skirt and rear all tweaked. Can't be having a frankenmotor - mines a GT Edition so it must look like a GT Edition ;)

Ya thought he got it direct .... Which is strange as you can get it cheaper through a distributor than direct with them !!

I didn't just read that

Ya phoned quaife direct and mishimoto and they cant match what their distibutors can .... Just seems crazy to me !

That's crazy!

Suits your car, looks great for it but it's not the look I'm going for,: I want to keep close to stock. I must admit the cooling is a ball-ache, but tbh there's little that can be done with regards airflow IMO, I'll look at a switch to ECUTEK and more active control, and potentially some other way of managing charge air temp such as that water injection system. For now... Enjoying the winter and cold air!

49k miles and the original windscreen is scratched with wiper arcs so bad that I have to lean over sometimes to avoid glare from lights.

It has taken a while to get hold of OEM (dealership) glass, everyone wants to flog you their "like for like", but without seeing both side by side I've erred on the side of what I know works. It took about a month to source the screen.

It is being fitted now, and I've also picked up a set of new OEM wipers from Westway Nissan Aldershot, as they're nearby to where the screen is being installed.

Yay for being able to see out!

I've been holding off applying my Gtechniq coatings until this goes on. Let my neighbour apply them to his Merc and he's reporting superb performance!

Edited by dajw
  • Like 2

Ya thought he got it direct .... Which is strange as you can get it cheaper through a distributor than direct with them !!

I didn't just read that

Ya phoned quaife direct and mishimoto and they cant match what their distibutors can .... Just seems crazy to me !

It's quite common, as an example a manufacturer has a product that costs £40 to make and has a RRPs of £100, they sell to resellers at £70 so they both make £30 profit if they sell at RRP. The manufacturer always sell it as £100 to the public as they don't want to compete with their resellers and it's not worth the hassle to sell a few items here and there, they want bulk sales. However the different resellers are competing between each other so may reduce the price cutting in to their own £30 profit.

• 1 month later...

Boring update time: 50,500 miles and half of that with the supercharger: 25k miles and 18 months in, all going well.

I visited Horsham Developments today for an oil change (6l of 5w-40), fixed the knocking noisy droplink that had become loose, new Ferodo DS2500 pads for the rear, replaced both K&N air filter cones with new.

I'll clean the old K&N's and alternate them yearly.

Spotted a pimped blue 370z supercharged on bags and with lots of stretch in the shop, and Jez' TT build is looking good!

Boring update time: 50,500 miles and half of that with the supercharger: 25k miles and 18 months in, all going well.

I visited Horsham Developments today for an oil change (6l of 5w-40), fixed the knocking noisy droplink that had become loose, new Ferodo DS2500 pads for the rear, replaced both K&N air filter cones with new.

I'll clean the old K&N's and alternate them yearly.

Spotted a pimped blue 370z supercharged on bags and with lots of stretch in the shop, and Jez' TT build is looking good!

25 catching you slowly I'm doing another oil and filter change next on couple of weeks I've done another 4000

What did your filters look like I've noticed mine look fairly dirty