My lack of talent - ie. Spin

Sam Mcgoo

Tuition is well worth it, even with plenty of track experience if I saw an instructor free Id definitely go out with him :thumbs:

Ironically most of the times i have been they are stood around on the pit wall, even though they were free, says a lot about most track day drivers if you ask me ;)

I have used ARDS Instructors also at a variety of the Tracks.

You will often get a single session about 20 minutes for around £30 - £40 in places like Coombe.

Others you will get 2 - 3 laps for that price and even free.

There are around Schools that Hire out Cars and Instructors for full and half days.

There are also stacks of people around these circuits who have masses of experience, just arrive early on a Track Day and take a walk along the Pit Garages - they are really friendly places, just talk to any of them, find out what experience they have, many of them will accompany you and give you tips for the price of a coffee and a hearty thank you.

Lots of Track Days are utilised by those in one championship series or another for their 'shake downs' and 'testing'.

Don't get put off by this, they may be in the MR2 series, the Mini etc etc, not all championship series are hugely wealthy.

There really is masses out there with masses of experience.

You will often also find a Instruction School at many circuits - often just visiting for the day and often with their own car. If they are stood around doing nothing, its good additional business for them to take you our, chargeable or not, its PR for them.

A book I would highly recommend would be the 'UK Circuit Guide' by David Walton.

It details in both map and description terms all circuits in the UK - advising all braking points, turn ins. It advises of track surfaces, sighting points the lot, including Hill Climbs venues. I bought mine in 2006 when it was about £40 and some of the best money I spent.

If only I could afford to race...................... my Ards Licence expired mid 2012, not used.

One Day hopefully I will win a fortune on the Premium Bonds, I have managed £175 so far this year, so..........fingers crossed !! :D

Go for some Instruction guys and buy the book - you won't regret it.

• Like 1

Saw you at bedford on Monday! I was there with a mate in his white fiesta st with all the stickers on it. Missed your spin! b5dc908d220dc65b0426d6b8249587bd.jpg

You must have been the only one not to see it!

:lol:

You should have come and said hello.

That fiesta was rapid! Looked a fun drive.