Eyelids done...

evest

Went for the eyelids, good fit and practically welded on with 3M acrylic tape. Not sure whether to keep them tbh, so will leave them for a while and see how I feel. I like the shape they give, but these are fibreglass covered with CF vinyl wrap and to be honest I think the effect looks cheap (which it was) - if I do keep them I will either get proper CF ones or else paint the FG ones to match body:

2015%2B-%2B4%2B%281%29.jpg

Next job will be the front lip - again colour scheme will be either body matched in full or I may keep the centre section black... actually quite tempted to get the eyelids, nostril and lip all done in matching body-colour paint.

20140315_091920.jpg

20140315_091842.jpg

I like that bumper intake snorkel. Did you fit it? Thoughts on it?

yeah I put the nostril in a while ago. Was a bit scary taking to the bumper with a stanley knife, but it turned out well. The theory is that it will funnel more cold air into the intake, I installed a tube inside to help with this, particularly as my short ram doesn't have a heat shield - but I doubt there is much proper data to back-up any claims of power gains.

Photo0010.jpg

ref the eyelids - I'm going to stick with them for a bit but I do agree they will look better if matched to the body colour along with the lip that I have to go on there as well.

• 3 years later...
On 23/03/2015 at 19:22, evest said:

yeah I put the nostril in a while ago. Was a bit scary taking to the bumper with a stanley knife, but it turned out well. The theory is that it will funnel more cold air into the intake, I installed a tube inside to help with this, particularly as my short ram doesn't have a heat shield - but I doubt there is much proper data to back-up any claims of power gains.

Photo0010.jpg

ref the eyelids - I'm going to stick with them for a bit but I do agree they will look better if matched to the body colour along with the lip that I have to go on there as well.

Just found this thread from a search of the forum for nostrils. I'm just wondering if the tube between the nostril and the airbox intake is required? 

I'm thinking of fitting a nostril, mostly because I think it looks good, doubt there would be any real power gains?

Still got the nostril but I don't know if there is much, if any power gain, but I guess it can't hurt to get cold air in the airbox (which I refitted for performance over bling...)

Eyelids..... went colour match after a while, much better look (I actually hate that top picture now!!) I've now got rid completely though as didn't like the idea of blocking part of the headlamp.