My 350z GT

alexwitham

Konichiwa (how very JDM of me), on an absolute whim I bought myself a 55 plate GT on Boxing day off a good friend. Although I've really, really liked them for several years it was never my intention to own one. The truth is (and sorry if this offends) I'm a two wheeled kinda guy, however I had a lowside at Cartagena in November and was told surgery was needed on my knee. Having sold my bikes and feeling rather sorry for myself, the 350 came along and the rest is history.

Yep, this hurt...

10468112_10205222401219844_1216197264460989685_n.jpg

So, now my story is out of the way, let's get onto the car. It's a 55 plate GT with FNSH and 50,000 miles. Here she is the day I picked her up...

image_8.jpg

I had plans to get the drivers door repaired as it had a couple of trolley dents, the front wiper arms were flaking, the wheels needed refurbishing, the brakes needed to be done and the rear tyres were poop. Other than that, it had just been serviced by the local Nissan dealer so it was good to go and enjoy...

Dents removed and RDX aerial fitted...

image_9.jpg

Tanned interior cleaned and conditioned (came up a treat, Meguiars leather cleaner)...

image_12.jpg

Boot weight removed, rear wiper delete completed, 2x1p's installed in boot springs to eliminate the boot pop up issue...

image_10.jpg

Bodywork clayed, polished and waxed, wheels refurbished in shadow chrome, front plate plinth with private plates installed, wiper arms painted and new tyres all round...

image_11.jpg

image_13.jpg

image_14.jpg

11035583_10206014647825514_4908698975581152969_n.jpg

Today I've ordered DBA T2 discs with Ferodo DS2500 pads all round. I should get those fitted this weekend if I get a few hours to myself!

Future plans are to keep this until my knee gets better (currently undergoing Physio which I'm hoping is going to bring good news), I will definitely be booking a track day soon as I hear these things are ace on circuit.

Absolutely love this thing so far.

Let the fun begin!

• Like 2

At a guess I must have tucked the front at around 80, I was trail braking on the rear and hard on the front, tipped in running a little wide and rolled back the throttle which was asking way to much of the front. Down I went.

To this day, I blame Neil Hodgson...

The Suzuki has been broken up and sold, considering the state it was in I didn't do half bad with recouping some of the build cost.

Edited by alexwitham

Zed look's great Alex and probably not what you want to hear but the Zeds a much safer form of fun on the roads & tracks imo.

You look like you know what you where doing on that bike though, ...well that is until you slid off but still. B)

Enjoy the Zed and hope the knee gets better real soon. :thumbs:

Thanks GMballistic. The 350z is a credit to its previous owners, it's been kept in really clean order - it even came with the original Nissan boot tonneau divider (which is apparently quite rare?) Your Z is lovely, I bet she moves well...

For those who have taken their Z's on track - how did you get on?

Thanks GMballistic. The 350z is a credit to its previous owners, it's been kept in really clean order - it even came with the original Nissan boot tonneau divider (which is apparently quite rare?) Your Z is lovely, I bet she moves well...

For those who have taken their Z's on track - how did you get on?

Thanks Alex. The Zed goes great now ~ was really happy when I got it but always wanted a bit more go from it so now it has it. :drive1

Haven't had my Zed on track yet but hopefully this year, ...just don't ask Zhorno that question. :surrender:

He spun out unfortunately during Japfest at Castle Combe last year and even worse he did it on his first lap, at the first corner.

Link:

All fixed though now. ;)

I'm guessing around 400hp? Is it still drivable or does it beg for full throttle?

Big shame about Zhorno's spin, these things happen. I've known a few people come off on lap 1. Even though I use tyre warmers, I still give it a full lap before I give it the hard stuff.

I'm guessing around 400hp? Is it still drivable or does it beg for full throttle?

Big shame about Zhorno's spin, these things happen. I've known a few people come off on lap 1. Even though I use tyre warmers, I still give it a full lap before I give it the hard stuff.

Yeah it was a shame about Zhorno's Zed but he got it all fixed as it was fairly minor damage really.

My Zeds running 436bhp@fly and is still totally drive able. It does need respect though especially in wetter or colder weather conditions but that's what my right foot is for. :D

It's hard not to want to put my foot down especially as it just sounds so good on full throttle but with traffic & speed cameras bl**dy everywhere you just can't do it as it will approach triple digits very quickly.

Have a read of my build thread (link in my signature) if you like when you get some spare time. :thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic

Cheers guys. The discs and pads should get here tomorrow. I might well get some braided hoses and RBF660 fluid if I get poor feedback from the pedal. I'll give it a couple hundred miles of bed in before I decide whether I'm happy or not.

I would like to get the interior and boot lights upgraded to a brighter, whiter light. The boot light really is utterly useless. Does anyone have a link to the bulb type I need before I go and order a festoon bulb of the wrong size.

Cheers guys. The discs and pads should get here tomorrow. I might well get some braided hoses and RBF660 fluid if I get poor feedback from the pedal. I'll give it a couple hundred miles of bed in before I decide whether I'm happy or not.

I would like to get the interior and boot lights upgraded to a brighter, whiter light. The boot light really is utterly useless. Does anyone have a link to the bulb type I need before I go and order a festoon bulb of the wrong size.

The boot light is a 501 capless bulb and the interior lights (map reading lights) are 31/32mm festoon bulbs I believe. You should be able to get some nice bright white LED versions cheaply enough from eBay.

Some more info here on bulbs: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/61926-definitive-bulb-replacementfitment-list-help-pls/

Hope that helps. :thumbs:

Looking good so far!

I'm doing a trackday at Bedford on monday if you fancy it? It's with Javelin trackdays. If not, keep you eyes open, I'm sure to be at Snetterton again in the future.

Who did you get to do your door dents? I've got one that need attention.

Unfortunately I can't make Monday. Do let me know if you book a Snetterton as I am going to be doing one in the next 4-6 weeks.

Dent Devils done the repair, they done 8 (yes, 8) very minor dings in my drivers door for £90 incl vat. Perfect job, you wouldn't know it ever had any dents