350Z Brembo Brake Kit - New Discs and Pads

RS8055

Hi all,

Just been down the dealer as I am sure I need to change the pads and discs all round, and had quite a shock when informed how much this would apparently cost. Can anyone please point me in the right direction of a trader who sells the same OEM Brembo kit?

Cheers,

Ryan

That is a legit company with a good reputation. Mintex are at the top end of pads for performance. The discs are MTEC pretty well the biggest UK disc manufacturer, probably as well made as OEM ones. Personally I would have no qualms in purchasing this package for my Zed.

Mintex are at the top end of pads for performance.

Not used them, so please don't set me alight, but that seems insanely good value for 'top end'. Direct from the MTEC website they are the most inexpensive pad offering to combine with the MTEC discs.

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-discs/nissan/350z-coupe-03-10/350z-coupe-3-5-v6-10-03-01-10.html

• Like 1

Humm, they do seem cheap in comparison there, I will do a little more research. They always used to be up there with AP and Brembo for performance and quality. I have used Mintex in my cars for many years and they always performed well, more than adequately. maybe they have started making a cheaper less performance oriented product or maybe this supplier works on a 'pile 'em high, sell 'em cheap' principle?

OK, so yea Mintex are now part of a company called the 'TMD Friction Group' and indeed make all sorts of generic OEM straight swap items alongside their proven performance parts. These particular pads will just be a straight swap for the original Nissan or Brembo pads and perform adequately.

Edited by Floydbax

As you mention Floydbax the Mintex they offer are just OEM spec not the performance Mintex pads that are also available but at a far higher price.

The M-TEC discs are purely aftermarket blank discs with drill holes and groves they are not a performance disc but are fine for normal road use.

The DBA T2 and Hawk Performance Cermaic combo is a performance upgrade and is one of our best sellers with lots of happy customers :)

This lot just arrived today :) Worth it just for the Haribo :lol:

Thanks Ewen :thumbs:

Sexy, even taken them to bed a stu !

Only flat surface that wouldn't collapse under the weight :lol:

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1

This lot just arrived today :) Worth it just for the Haribo :lol:

Thanks Ewen :thumbs:

How much for that?

The discs are £215 a pair and the pads just short of £190 all round. You can check out all the Clark's goodies and prices at http://clarkmotorsport.co.uk but always worth dropping the guys a PM to see if they are running any promos on new products.

The pads are probably a bit OTT for my needs, but I've found them to be great on a couple of track days and just normal spirited use (also run HEL lines and RBF 600 fluid). They've got good bite from cold, which gives you confidence first thing in the morning. I was tempted to go cheaper on the pads this time, but in the end I thought I'd kick myself if I changed to save a few quid and maybe then didn't like them as much. The stopping performance has been superb so I am really looking forward to trying them with the new discs.

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1