350z HR sale advice

The_Lord

So here goes......

After saving for ages and managing to buy my pride and joy :teeth: my company decides to do some restructuring and I may have to move out of the country in 2-3 months time :wacko::rant::surrender:

I have been researching the internet to find out if I can take the car with me but apparently it may prove very difficult for tax reasons (I may have to pay a £12000 car tax to register it!!!!).

Since I never sold a car, ever, I though you guys can give me some advice on how, when, where and how much.....etc.

The car is a 57 plate HR with 65500 miles, full service history, midnight blue with frost grey leather interior (the combination was nearly impossible to find!!), the GT pack (bose, electric seats.....etc.) and is in excellent condition! Whatever small bobs it had, I sorted out and is now running flawlessly and puts a huge grin on my face every time i drive it :D

So how much can I ask for it? Where is the best place to sell it? How should I go about selling it? How fast will it go?

Any advice is really appreciated guys.

Thanks,

post-22428-0-50165500-1426426549_thumb.jpg

post-22428-0-40107000-1426426554_thumb.jpg

post-22428-0-04886200-1426426558_thumb.jpg

Edited by The_Lord

Go on autotrader, pistonheads and ebay and find cars of similar spec and check the prices.

Frost grey is a rare option although its not to everyones taste.

And get ready for the usual jokes about "its worth £5 will have it off you today" :)

How much to register it and tax it, where are you going..!! :scare:

I have been researching the internet to find out if I can take the car with me but apparently it may prove very difficult for tax reasons (I may have to pay a £12000 car tax to register it!!!!).

Edited by WhackyWill

I did the research of course, apologies I should have mentioned this but this is the thing. I couldn't find any other cars with the same combination. Most cars with similar spec tend to be about 9-10k but these are trader prices......

Greece or Cyprus at the moment and although they are in EU they've got some environmental tax which is huge if the emissions are high.....

Edited by The_Lord

I'd probably say it would be around the £9000 mark. Why not put an ad on here to try sell it?

Then I'd recommend Pistonheads or ebay as they're quite cheap to list your car. I tried to sell my last car on Auto Trader but only got scammers messaging me and they're quite expensive to advertise with.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

That's what you get for working in an international company; restructuring every 3-4 years and you either leave work or go with the flow.

I would say how much you paid for it would be a good start

Very much this, as you've only had it 6 months and added 1500 miles. ;)

Very true but I am sure I need to knock off some of the money I paid as it is older and has more miles and depreciation is another thing I need to consider. This is why your advice guys is what I need.

Prob 9- 9.5

Traders will be offering around 7.5 - 8 I reckon

I would sell private for sure .

I have never done this, sell a car I mean. Is there anything I need to be aware of, consider......etc.

Apologies if I sound like an idiot but I live on the principle that you should always seek advice from the more experienced :)

• Like 1

YES dont advertise your plates!!!, the way i play it is give test drives and if they like the car work out a deal subject to a test drive to the bank with insurance and get the insurance company on the phone and only deal direct with banks. I think you could get 9.5k as the leather colour is rare and its a HR. i got my HR for 11K with every optional extra at 45K 6 months back.

Be patient and have your price in mind dont get excited to get the process over and done with. Please best bet is deal with money at the bank and not your coffee table i am sure of horror stories to be told.

• Like 1

Can you explain why not advertise your plates?

I can walk down your road and see your number plate

I can look at your number plate when you drive last me

I don't see the point in hiding the plates personally. It gives any potential buyer the chance to do a HPI check or insurance quote without bothering you.

• Like 1

I've never let anyone test drive a car I'm selling . Just not worth the hassle . If its a good genuine car that's been looked after as well as being priced fairly then it will sell . I would put it on autotrader if I were you .

I paid 10.5 for my 08 night blue with 25k on a year ago . I think I got a bargain to be honest , as said I would have thought yours with 65k on would sell at around 9-9.5

What did you pay for it 6 months ago?

All I would say is be realistic ..... You generally always loose money on cars , if I were you i would be very happy with 9-9.5 for it .

GLWTS

I agree. It makes sense.

As soon as I find out what my work has in plan for me I will put it up for sale :byebye:

Looking at the photo I was interested when it was for sale before, it looked a nice car. Sadly I bought one and have since gone back as they aren't for me. I am waiting until nicer weather to sell mine so I have a better chance of getting good money, winter is a hard time to sell a car unless people are ready to buy.

Good luck with the sale and job move, but just because it has a 'few' more miles and 1 more owner doesn't mean you have to lose money if your in no rush.

• Like 1