New 2009 350z Owner - Suffolk

Welcome to the forum and the joys of owning a Zed. We seem to be getting lots of new Zeds in the East just recently. :)

Thanks man, the sound of the engine and exhaust is intoxicating, enjoying it so much already and haven't had it long at all!

Welcome along to the forum.

You are lucky to own one of the very last 350s,but beware of catching Zeditus!

Hope to see you and your car at a meet soon.

Definitely, some guys on the 350z US Facebook page are saying there was never a 2009 350z, but on my registration document it says its a 2009, reg obviously says 09 and was registered March 4th 2009, so it must be right? Would be great seeing you all at a meet sometimes, you all seem like such a great bunch of people.

Definitely, some guys on the 350z US Facebook page are saying there was never a 2009 350z, but on my registration document it says its a 2009, reg obviously says 09 and was registered March 4th 2009, so it must be right? Would be great seeing you all at a meet sometimes, you all seem like such a great bunch of people.

Welcome along.

They stopped making The 350Zed in 2008. What you have there is most likely an Irish import, the wheels are the biggest clue to that. Anniversary wheels were standard on Irish cars but were not even an option on U.K cars (apart from the limited edition GT4 on which they were standard). When the Irish economy went bump in 2008 the cars were bought up by Nissan dealerships in The U.K and sold as new. This was around September 2008 so they'll be 58 or 09 registered. Nothing to worry about though, they would just need a speedo conversion to make them identical to U.K spec.

Pete

Welcome along.

They stopped making The 350Zed in 2008. What you have there is most likely an Irish import, the wheels are the biggest clue to that. Anniversary wheels were standard on Irish cars but were not even an option on U.K cars (apart from the limited edition GT4 on which they were standard). When the Irish economy went bump in 2008 the cars were bought up by Nissan dealerships in The U.K and sold as new. This was around September 2008 so they'll be 58 or 09 registered. Nothing to worry about though, they would just need a speedo conversion to make them identical to U.K spec.

Pete

Thanks for that info Pete, lots of stuff I didn't know! Tried looking into it all a bit more today, but didn't unfortunately find a huge amount out. If the car was in fact brought up from Ireland, would it not be classed as imported? Or would it not as it wouldn't have been registered at that point? Many thanks again for your know-how, nice of you to help shed some light on it.

:welcome:

Thanks man :-)

Welcome to the forum Connor :)

Thank you, looking forward to learning more about the Zed along my way, and hopefully meeting some of you guys too!

Welcome along matey! I'm from Suffolk too. Nice looking Zed you have there B)

Thanks very much, absolutely loving it! Do you guys from this area have any meets? Would be cool to meet up with some other owners at some point. Saw an azure blue 350 the same as yours at the dealership when I got mine, absolutely stunning colour!

Thanks for that info Pete, lots of stuff I didn't know! Tried looking into it all a bit more today, but didn't unfortunately find a huge amount out. If the car was in fact brought up from Ireland, would it not be classed as imported? Or would it not as it wouldn't have been registered at that point? Many thanks again for your know-how, nice of you to help shed some light on it.

Yes, because they were unregistered they don't count as imports. Our local Nissan dealer bought about 20 of them and sold them for 22k or so. Some of them are facelifts dating back to 2007 but the majority were 313's with of course the bulge bonnet.

Pete

" don't know if its the same where you are but I don't see hardly any 350s around here? One thing thats great about them is the exclusivity"

Never seen anything around here either....mind you, there's not much here anyway except trees and sheep.......and plenty of crap on the road! :rant:

By the way, hello and welcome along :wave:

Yes, because they were unregistered they don't count as imports. Our local Nissan dealer bought about 20 of them and sold them for 22k or so. Some of them are facelifts dating back to 2007 but the majority were 313's with of course the bulge bonnet.

Pete

Ahh awesome stuff, very interesting. Is there any way of checking to see if this is the case? Anyway you can get info from the vin or something? Think I read somewhere you can find out where the car was built, but I guess that would be Japan.. Thanks again Pete, appreciate it.

" don't know if its the same where you are but I don't see hardly any 350s around here? One thing thats great about them is the exclusivity"

Never seen anything around here either....mind you, there's not much here anyway except trees and sheep.......and plenty of crap on the road! :rant:

By the way, hello and welcome along :wave:

Haha yep same around here, trees and pot holes, all day long! After we had that spell of ice, nearly every road has colossal pot holes in now, absolutely atrocious. Don't even get me started with stones flicking up from vehicles passing by haha! Thanks very much for the warm welcome, you guys are great :-)

Thanks very much, absolutely loving it! Do you guys from this area have any meets? Would be cool to meet up with some other owners at some point. Saw an azure blue 350 the same as yours at the dealership when I got mine, absolutely stunning colour!

Good to hear! Not really much happening round here tbh, need to get some meets sorted though. Yeah its a lovely colour, I waited patiently to get mine in Azure :)

Good to hear! Not really much happening round here tbh, need to get some meets sorted though. Yeah its a lovely colour, I waited patiently to get mine in Azure :)

Definitely worth the wait, you must be happy with it, it's very nice! Yeah some meets would be properly good, have you had any round this area before?

• Like 1

Welcome on board, Can I ask you what grade wet n dry and what make plastic polish you used. looks mint!!!

Evening, thanks very much, enjoying my time here already!

I used 3200 first and then 4000 grit after, going back and forth between the 2 grits twice. Then finished it off with some Meguiars Plast-RX which you can pick up for around £10 online, using 3-4 coats of that aswell. Used this exact same method at work today on some old Astra headlights as an experient and they came up superb for about 25 mins work, will attach a 50/50 photo to show you. Only difference being that I started with 1800 then 2500, then used the 3200 and 4000 grit. Thoroughly recommend the Meguiars Plast-RX though, awesome stuff!

IMAG1070_zpsvkrudh7c.jpg

IMAG1068_zpsyjyyfybk.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome! Wow a March 09 registered 50. Rare breed!

I hope you drive it and don't keep it as a museum piece though ;)

Yeah happy with the age of it and just the whole car in general if I'm honest, absolutely loving it! Definitely not going to be a museum piece haha! I'm using it as my daily which I'm doing 40 miles a day round trip, so it's getting it's fair dose of usage :-P

• Like 1