leaving roof down

leebottrill

Two things to think about.

One is mice - they can do a lot of damage in a short space of time.

The other is insurance. Many policies will stipulate the roof must be up when the car is unattended so check the small print carefully.

Not sure how the insurance company would know whether you'd left your roof down in the garage, in the event of a claim tbh.

I used to leave the hood of my ahem Mx5 down in the garage for weeks at a time and it just seemed to collect dust like it was a magnet so I stopped...overnight isn't likely to cause any issues though, unless there's a mouse, spider or shiethawk in your garage.

Not sure how the insurance company would know whether you'd left your roof down in the garage, in the event of a claim tbh.

I used to leave the hood of my ahem Mx5 down in the garage for weeks at a time and it just seemed to collect dust like it was a magnet so I stopped...overnight isn't likely to cause any issues though, unless there's a mouse, spider or shiethawk in your garage.

Depends on the nature of the claim I suppose. If the car was nicked, chances are they'd never know. On the other hand if it was burnt out...

Anyway, ignore the small print at your peril is all I'm saying.

.... What...is actually wrong with leaving the roof up in your garage. What reason could you have for keeping it down?? lol

He's turning his garage into an American drive in movie theatre with a beer fridge in reach when "parked"......

Sorry I couldn't resist, no help whatsoever OP.