calling all low z's....

dougie350

just wondering if everyone else with low z's scrape on things as much as me! im currently on hsd's and have gone for the slammed option! from what i can tell is my exhaust near the back where it connects to the backbox scrapes alot, the y-pipe and also up front...mabee subframe?? havnt had a proper look yet. also can anyone tell me if ive got the risk of killing my sump? im not sure how low it sits and havnt got access to my jack atm to have a look! i know alot of people dont agree with the slammed z scene but any input/advice/tips are very welcome :) thanks!

Sorry but this post did make me chuckle, a bit.

You've slammed your car and you're asking if its normal for it to scrape? Is it just me or does that sound like a silly question lol?

I dunno what to tell you, apart from that when you lower the car it will be lower to the ground... You will scrape in places.

Mine is pretty low also, which will see the ypipe and possible the sump to scrape. But I don't take it over uneven ground For this reason.

Sorry, don't wanna sound rude but just don't see what sort of advice you are looking for? Raise it up or live with it, it's your choice.

• Like 1

haha ok.... it wasnt meant to sound dumb, maybe i worded it wrong! im fully aware my car will scrape now ive lowered it as all the cars ive owned have been lowered! what i meant was what do other people scrape on like sump, subframe or whatever! i also wanted to know if the sump sits lower than the subframe. sorry if i confused you!

haha ok.... it wasnt meant to sound dumb, maybe i worded it wrong! im fully aware my car will scrape now ive lowered it as all the cars ive owned have been lowered! what i meant was what do other people scrape on like sump, subframe or whatever! i also wanted to know if the sump sits lower than the subframe. sorry if i confused you!

Ah I see, apologises.

I will be jacking mine up this weekend and ilk take a look at the damage lol.

I don't think the sump will sit lower than the subframe, although it will sit close to the ground.

I am fitting a sump spacer soon which I will certainly worry then.

• Like 1

Front sump shouldn't be a big issue, because it sits higher than the subframe, and if I remember correctly ARB was a bit lower or at the same level as sump!

But there is always a chance to hit a rock ;)

If you don't want to scrape everywhere, I would suggest to get a custom exhaust system made using oval piping so you can tuck it higher than frame rails under the car! B)

Edited by S14DST

Front sump shouldn't be a big issue, because it sits higher than the subframe, and if I remember correctly ARB was a bit lower or at the same level as sump!

But there is always a chance to hit a rock ;)

If you don't want to scrape everywhere, I would suggest to get a custom exhaust system made using oval piping so you can tuck it higher than frame rails under the car! B)

wheres the rear sump ?

• Like 1

Standard exhaust is lowest where it loops under the back axle IIRC, mine has been better with the stainless on it, I seem to suffer with front bumper worst, but Im slightly tilted forward on 18/19s front and back. Dont think the sump is particularly exposed, and other than the exhaust they arent too bad, my 328 scrapes EVERYWHERE - front, sills, chassis rails, subframe, its hilarious :lol:

• 3 weeks later...