What price should I be expecting??

MCook

That price looks ok. I've plenty of wheel bearing experience and some of them came off easily whilst others needed a damn good beating for an hour.

Er, that sounded a lot dodgier than was intended. :blush::lol:

I did the passenger side one myself, must of taken me 4 hours. A lot of bleeding knuckles, swearing and throwing of nearby objects.

I had to use a trolley jack to loosen most of the bolts especially difficult was the 20mm ( I think it was 20mm....) holding the calliper on. Would not budge!

That price looks ok. I've plenty of wheel bearing experience and some of them came off easily whilst others needed a damn good beating for an hour.

Er, that sounded a lot dodgier than was intended. :blush::lol:

I did the passenger side one myself, must of taken me 4 hours. A lot of bleeding knuckles, swearing and throwing of nearby objects.

I had to use a trolley jack to loosen most of the bolts especially difficult was the 20mm ( I think it was 20mm....) holding the calliper on. Would not budge!

The rears are not so bad once you get to them, but the fronts can seize into the 'cup' that holds them and its serious lump hammer time to get them out.

OP Are you going to update your signature every birthday?

Why not, I am proud to not be driving in a fiesta or corsa like everyone else my age. !

I was actually proud to be driving a fiesta at 19 as I had a budget of £300 for a car and happy I cut my teeth learning in a car suited to my (in hindsight) rather limited driving ability at that age - nothing wrong with that :boxing:

Also meant I could experiment with cheap parts on a car worth not a lot of money and learn how to work on it and not rely on paying labour costs for the last 20 years to garages. And I didnt have the internet to look everything up :lol:

• Like 1

Why not, I am proud to not be driving in a fiesta or corsa like everyone else my age. !

I was actually proud to be driving a fiesta at 19 as I had a budget of £300 for a car and happy I cut my teeth learning in a car suited to my (in hindsight) rather limited driving ability at that age - nothing wrong with that :boxing:

Also meant I could experiment with cheap parts on a car worth not a lot of money and learn how to work on it and not rely on paying labour costs for the last 20 years to garages. And I didnt have the internet to look everything up :lol:

I was also proud to be driving my 1999 saab 9-3 2.2 tid at 17, learnt a lot with it and wanted something completely out of the ordinary to replace it. Saved my money over the year as it was the cheapest years motoring I will probably ever have. (did not have a single problem with the Saab, and filled it once a month!)

I know in say 10 years time I will look back and regret it, but right now I am young, I am lucky enough to be able to afford the zed at a young age and probably won't have the opportunity to own such a car ten years down the line, could say I am getting it out of my system, perhaps the zed will be followed by sensible cars........ :teeth::surrender:

I apologise to those of you who see my signature as me boasting, it is not meant to come across that way...

I was also proud to be driving my 1999 saab 9-3 2.2 tid at 17, learnt a lot with it and wanted something completely out of the ordinary to replace it. Saved my money over the year as it was the cheapest years motoring I will probably ever have. (did not have a single problem with the Saab, and filled it once a month!)

I know in say 10 years time I will look back and regret it, but right now I am young, I am lucky enough to be able to afford the zed at a young age and probably won't have the opportunity to own such a car ten years down the line, could say I am getting it out of my system, perhaps the zed will be followed by sensible cars........ :teeth::surrender:

I apologise to those of you who see my signature as me boasting, it is not meant to come across that way...

Exactly my way of thinking. Had a Fiesta ST at 18 now bought my Zed at 19. Thought that in a few years I'll probably be in a position where I'd need more than two seats, so why not get my dream car whilst I still can.

Mikey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Exactly my way of thinking. Had a Fiesta ST at 18 now bought my Zed at 19. Thought that in a few years I'll probably be in a position where I'd need more than two seats, so why not get my dream car whilst I still can.

Mikey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it actually works the other way around lol cheap cars with 4 seats so you can drive your mates when young then when you have amid life crisis you go buying daft 2 seater sports cars and pay peanuts on the insurance!

Im sorry I was born in the 90's everyone.

I don't wish to keep repeating myself. I too would be thrilled to be driving a 'clapped out capri' at 19. I do not see why that is relevant to me, making me out to be ungrateful?, Idk! I did not start this thread or my signature to 'boast' or start a flipping age debate, no one commented before when my signature said 'Youngest 350z owner?'. Perhaps because it was a question and not a statement.... ? :surrender: :surrender:

But yes, I don't need everyones life stories, and 'back in my day' crap, :stir: Think I had about 3 replies giving my a rough idea on and answer to the topics purpose. Will be amending my signature momentarily. :stir: :stir: :stir::teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Don't sweat it, it's a very British thing. We all work hard and we all get very proud and show off our toys to our close mates and that's considered to be fine, but heaven forbid we should show those same toys to the wider interweb for fear of being labelled a show off.

• Like 1

Im sorry I was born in the 90's everyone.

I don't wish to keep repeating myself. I too would be thrilled to be driving a 'clapped out capri' at 19. I do not see why that is relevant to me, making me out to be ungrateful?, Idk! I did not start this thread or my signature to 'boast' or start a flipping age debate, no one commented before when my signature said 'Youngest 350z owner?'. Perhaps because it was a question and not a statement.... ? :surrender: :surrender:

4113696-rustle-me-like-one-of-your-french-jimmies_o_2229941.jpg

• Like 2

I am 19

Can you actually verify that? Anyone can say they're 19, it's a bit like those fat 50 year old male perverts that sit on the internet pretending they're a barely legal leggy blonde with giant baps.

So basically, you could be a crusty 50 year old perv beating off over this forum while people are taking the bait you're 19. I'm not buying it, I see you.

• Like 6

I am 19

Can you actually verify that? Anyone can say they're 19, it's a bit like those fat 50 year old male perverts that sit on the internet pretending they're a barely legal leggy blonde with giant baps.

So basically, you could be a crusty 50 year old perv beating off over this forum while people are taking the bait you're 19. I'm not buying it, I see you.

Ha ha ha !! Just spat my lunch out !

You have to change your user name now to crusty 50 year old