How to trigger headlight washers?

MDMetal

Hi Guys had a nice little bump in the snow and ice and my driverside washer cover was crushed and shattered ( :( ) I want to check the mechanism itself is working fine however when it chooses to wash the headlights seems to be a dark mystery. Is there a way to guarantee that triggering the washer will cause the headlight washers to also trigger?

turn the headlights on - every 2nd squirt of the windscreen washers should also trigger the headlight washers.

2nd?

I thought it was a longer cycle than that? For some reason I had it in my head it was every 5th?

David

I was thinking 3rd :lol: Who knows :shrug:

There is a button like said above, to the right of the steering wheel low down on the dash!! I found it out trynig to turn off the TC hahaha.

Anyway my headlamps otherwise wash only the first time you pull the stalk to wash the windscreen when the lights are on...

Edited by Lanky
  • Like 1

With the headlights on, they will be washed the first time you operate the windscreen washers and then every third time. Or, you can manually operate the headlight washers with the switch by your right knee - just make sure you don't open the fuel flap by mistake :lol: speaking from experience :blush:

They're busted! FOr anyone wanting to follow my saga... http://www.350z-uk.c...n-drivers-side/

Maybe, but your post was asking about whether the mechansim working hence the operation method to test.

As you set up two threads effectively about the same thing I have locked your linked thread as this is the one attracting responses.

Fair enough, I figured asking what to test is different from it's tested and busted! So people https://www.dropbox....03_002.jpg?dl=0 is the damage, whats the possible reason both sides have stopped working? (Passanger side wasn't hit, I can manually pull the washers out although doing that while someone presses the button doesn't result in water :( ) also how do I edit my title to reflect we've moved on from testing?

Edited by MDMetal

Too much conjecture in this thread, we need a definitive answer! :p

I thought they only worked if you'd just spent hours waxing your car? :lol:

Lmao so true :lol:

Anyone else turn their lights off when they want to clean their windscreen?

Wooo, refilling the bottle worked :) The GF gave me a look after my panic yesterday. In my defence I hadn't realised they don't pop out if there's no water. I assumed they popped out but didn't spray. Any ways cheers guys, cosmetic damage only :)

Fair enough, I figured asking what to test is different from it's tested and busted! So people https://www.dropbox....03_002.jpg?dl=0 is the damage, whats the possible reason both sides have stopped working? (Passanger side wasn't hit, I can manually pull the washers out although doing that while someone presses the button doesn't result in water :( ) also how do I edit my title to reflect we've moved on from testing?

If you still want to edit your heading go into your first post and hit 'edit' and use 'full editor' that brings up the title bar :thumbs: