New Subaru official Pics

rmmackfc

Its hideous. I have always wanted an Impreza but not while they are making them look like this

+1

Of course it has always a close run thing, in both styling and performance, between the Impreza and Lancer Evo.

Subaru had best hope the Impreza has as big a *performance* advantage over Evo X than the Mitsi currently enjoys by way of styling.

http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/evolutionX/gallery.asp

Personally I could never choose between the last generation of STI/Evo. Subaru just made that choice a whole lot easier.

Aestheticaly stupid move by Subaru but financially (sales) great move.

Mainstream less hardcore design; now into huge hatchback market where it will anhialate the competition & no longer in small hardcore niche market.

But maybe their plan is to pass on the Impreza name/heritage to the hatchback model/market where it will a huge bonus for it. At the same time Subaru did not have a quality prestige sports car (the Impreza name was becoming synanomous with chavy & cheesy) so rather than try & change the brand image of Impreza its better to pass it on to a younger, cheaper hatchback market. Maybe they will invent a new classier model without the Impreza image to compete with e.g M3's RS4 etc??

I think it looks gash. The new mitsi looks very nice indeed. I guess that they want the STI to compete with focus ST etc rather than the Evo now.

Good move making a hatchback but I think the marketing department has it's work cut out!