Road rage!

nowhereboy

Very narrowly avoided a beating this morning whilst driving the Z! :surrender:

Just dropped my girlfriend off at work, drove a few blocks and a white van was parked in the middle of the road blocking the way. I sat behind him for about 30 seconds wondering if he was going to pull over and let me past but instead he jumped out the van and shouted "you have to go another way", admitidly the bloke annoyed me as he spoke to me like I'm some sort of idiot and I shrugged my hands at him to show my frustration. As I started to reverse I noticed another car behind me so I couldn't go anywhere and the blokes temper just snapped and he started pacing towards my car. It looked like he was going to try and damage the Z so I got out to stop him. I wasn't aggresive I just walked forward to block him from my car, after a verbal attack from him another guy jumped out the van and came to join in the fun. It became a bit physical and I quickly realized this wasn't going to end well so I turned to head back to my car and both guys started running at me. I managed to get in the Z and luckily the other car had now moved and I reversed away like a lunatic as they chased after me :lol:

This all happened before 9am this morning and kind of paved the way for the sort of friday I was going to have, roll on 8PM when I finish work and get a beer or two down my neck. Some proper lunatics out there and i've learnt my lesson, next time I'll stay in the car.

Glad your OK mate.

Hope you got the reg and reported it to the Old Bill. :rant: :rant:

The police aren't interested, the exact same thing happened to me last year.

I was driving down a one way road, double yellows on either side, and there was a white rusty transit in the middle going now where, I waited 45-60 seconds then beeped, waited another 45-60 and beeped again. I got out to find the guy, amazingly he was sat in the drivers seat on his phone. He saw me then turned away still on his phone, I knocked on his window, he got out of the van said the usual "f**k off I'm on the f**king phone and pushed me backwards, I pushed him backs into his van and shouting went backwards and forwards. There was a worker who saw the whole thing while he was having a break.

I was the closest I've ever been to truly spanking someone but I thought, I have a witness I'll phone the police and rightfully claim that I've been assaulted. Eventually the police turned up, the white van man was all friendly and cracking jokes and the police told me there was nothing that could be done, apparently I was the aggressor, they weren't interested in the witness or my passengers account of what happened.

Lesson learnt, I've lost hope in the police, never used them for anything since, always stand up for yourself it makes you feel a lot better.

• Like 1

Don't let it stick with you is my advice.

Pair of w**kers who really deserved to have you run them over with the Zeds heavy weight, ...but then you'd be in trouble so just forget it and get on with enjoying your Friday night & weekend. :thumbs:

I'd normally stand up for myself to be honest but the size of the second bloke who got out the van made me think better of it, didn't fancy my chances with two of them. Still I felt like a right pussy running away.

I'd be lying if I said the thought about running them down didn't cross my mind once I'd put a bit of distance between them, glad I thought better of it, not worth the hassle.

The problem about driving a car like this is how recognizable it is on the road, had it escalated I'd have to watch my back everytime I go into that area in the Z.

And yea, I'm going to invest in a dash cam, not the first time this sort of thing has happened around here.

+1 for the dash cam

The dude in the van sounds a right tool, seems like you did the right thing and got out of there or else you may have found yourself either arrested, bruised or both

Boils my pi$$ when idiots like that think they can do whatever they please, karma catches up so I'm sure he'll get his comeuppance sooner or later

• Like 1