What Drone??

Crb

Hi all..... I've been thinking about buying myself a new toy and I'm quite fancying a drone! I've always been into RC stuff and used to race buggies all over the uk... The trouble is there are so bloody many of them I'm not sure what to get. Has anyone here got any experience with them?? Cost wise at the moment I'm looking at about £100 any ideas?

I bought a q4 quadcopter a couple weeks back for 25 quid great fun! A friend of mine sat on ebay on a build and bought a huge one with mounted camera etc.. He waited a few weeks and bagged it for 49 quid on bid! Retail was 79.99 not sure on the namr though

I was looking at the Parrot 2.0 with GPS but shelved the idea for now saw them online with Marlins for £279. I might pick one up in Singapore next trip as they were about £225 less the 7% GST

My mate has the Parrot, ...really good if you like using your phone to control it and it has some excellent features (like auto land, GPS etc).

Personally I couldn't see the point in spending well over £200 on one especially when my Mrs surprised me for my birthday last year with a UDI U818A quadcopter. It's a fairly cheap one (pretty sure it's only around the £50-£70 mark) but boy is it good fun & gives a great video from the included little camera.

UDI-U818A-Review.jpg

I've flown it a fair bit and I'd definitely recommend it for a beginner or just if you're after a new toy for some fun. It's very robust, can fly extremely high & is very stable due to it's size. Only downside is that the video it records has no sound ~ batteries last about 7 minutes odd whilst flying & recording but that's a pretty common length of time as I think that's what my mate gets from his Parrot. :thumbs:

These are supposed to be pretty decent.

New Version Syma X5C 2.4G 6 Axis GYRO HD Camera RC Quadcopter RTF RC Helicopter with 2.0MP Camera + Extra Battery By Tiny Direct Deal (X5C+Extra 1pcs Battery) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LTVTA28/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_T-DYub0X2SGK7

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LTVTA28/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_T-DYub0X2SGK7

Cheers for all the input and rest assured I won't be flying it near any airports or nuclear power stations lol ..... The DJI and the parrot 2.0 look the business but cant justify that kind of money on a non zed related toy..... At the moment ive narrowed it down to

The parrot rolling spider

The syma x5

The hubsan x4 H107D

All 3 look good value, I particularly like the hubsan with its live stream camera tho

• 2 weeks later...

Well after much thinking I did end up going for the hubsan x4 FPV and I'm not at all disappointed. It's the smallest and cheapest live stream drone on the market and it's quite remarkable. The camera quality is a bit low but for a drone beginner it's really fun. Here's a quick video for you

• Like 1

My girlfriend got me a hubsen x4 quad copter for Christmas and it was fun while it lasted.. Took it on a field Boxing Day to have a little play and all was fine. Got abit too confident and flew it on the beach, yeah you know what's coming next... SPLASH! never to be seen again :(

I've since bought myself a dji phantom 2 vision plus which is amazing. It's almost impossible to loose as it's got GPS and if you loose connection it will simply 'Go home' and land by itself feet away from where it took off from.

I've got afew decent videos of the zed parked up alongside a river in colchester il try and upload it on here when Im Back from work.

• Like 1