Not so much a new member but looking to scratch the Z itch

Hi all

Joined the forum last year so not so much a new member but I am now in need of scratching the Z itch...

I was going to buy a 350 last year but was side tracked by an Impreza WRX however I keep seeing 350's and am falling back in love with them..

Question is, my total funds will be around £6000 once the subaru is sold...what will this get me in the way of a nissan?

I have a minor concern that I may have regrets moving from a turbo back to N/A, is owning a Z as fulfilling as I imagine it to be?

Hi and welcome back. I am fortunate to have both so be objective. I use the WRX for work doing long journeys and I must say I love it. 4WD and winter tyres is great. The 350z is a different beast and I wouldnt ever get rid of it. You wont miss the turbo IMO. :)

It is a good car don't get me wrong, it serves as a great work horse for my daily commute and the turbo is fun but there is something special about the 350, I have a kenwood double din sat nav in the scoob that I will be keeping ahold of.

Will I get anything decent for my budget??

Also, with working offshore I have two medium sized bags that I have to keep in the car in case of a call out, will the Z boot be able to accommodate?

A standard Zed Mike won't give you that shove into the back of your seat like a turbo car will when the turbo kicks in but in saying that the Zed has a very good linear power delivery and does reach silly speeds quickly. B)

I used to have a my96 modified JDM Impreza WRX some time ago & although I do miss the fact it was 4wd I don't miss the constant repair bills I suffered, ...probably more to do with it being a JDM (no S/h) & being highly modified but still the Zed is a much more reliable car imo.

You only get one shot in life so if the times right it can't hurt to try a 350Z and then move back to an Impreza or similar 4wd/turbo car in the future should you choose to once you've had some fun with the Zed.

Although be warned you may not want to go back. :surrender::D

• Like 1

if you love turbo boost the zed might leave a little hole in your heart as it doesnt match the power delivery

my old my94 200sx s14 zenkei only had about 240bhp but alot more drama and theatre with boost

z is a complete diffrent beast

Edited by StevoD

A standard Zed Mike won't give you that shove into the back of your seat like a turbo car will when the turbo kicks in but in saying that the Zed has a very good linear power delivery and does reach silly speeds quickly. B)

I used to have a my96 modified JDM Impreza WRX some time ago & although I do miss the fact it was 4wd I don't miss the constant repair bills I suffered, ...probably more to do with it being a JDM (no S/h) & being highly modified but still the Zed is a much more reliable car imo.

You only get one shot in life so if the times right it can't hurt to try a 350Z and then move back to an Impreza or similar 4wd/turbo car in the future should you choose to once you've had some fun with the Zed.

Although be warned you may not want to go back. :surrender::D

I test drove a Z last year but the guy that came with me from the garage was very 'please be gentle' I dont even recall getting out of third gear due to the limited time he wanted to be out so I dont think I got to fully experience it. I do agree, the turbo shunt is something of an addiction however where I live there are very few roads where you can hit silly speeds for long. I'm going to look at test driving one again and then get straight back in the WRX for a good comparison.

Like you say, I can always go back if I cant bond with it

Fingers crossed, I always say to the salesman "look, I'm not here to go for a scenic drive round the block, if I'm going to buy a car I want to drive it how I would if I bought it".... 9 times out of 10 they are perfectly fine with this and 70% of the time I have returned and bought the vehicle, this guy just wasn't having none of it which was a shame as I probably would have bought it but then I saw the impreza on the way home and the rest is history. I'll report back once I've found one local. There are only a few Z's around my area and they turn heads of all ages which I find better than the local chavs staring at me when I get home from work :doh: