New NSX (nailed it)

AMT

Interesting little write up here http://www.pistonhea...p?storyId=31484

Two comments stood out for me:

The Nsx really doesnt seem exciting as it should be, seems to be lacking in sports car venom, front and rear are very generic and slightly dull.

On the flip side with the other comment:

Basically a Porsche 918 Sypder for a tenth of the money.

I appreciate this is only ones mans view but it seems to be echoed from what i have read.

Edited by Jetpilot

Over an Audi R8 V10? Or any number of lightly used proper supercars from Italy?

I dunno, I just don't think I could do it. It would have to be something truly inspirational to drive to make me consider it.

Unfortunately, I have to agree as well.

Like the original, they've buggered themselves with the price a bit. It should be coming in around £70-80k.

£120k, and it should have included the proposed V10.

Pricing is angled at GT3 money, so it had bloody better feel amazing and kick the GT3's butt !

I'd rather have the original R, and several other cars.

Over an Audi R8 V10? Or any number of lightly used proper supercars from Italy?

I dunno, I just don't think I could do it. It would have to be something truly inspirational to drive to make me consider it.

I'd rather it over an R8, yes. I'd love a Lambo or Ferrari but they're closer to the £200k + mark aren't they?

I do think it should have been priced sub 100k

Edited by pjf1985

How much is a R8 V10 properly specced?

£130k ish for the v10+

The one they had in Evo as a long termer, decent spec, MANUAL :) - dropped £40k in 10 months on depreciation :lol:

C7 Z06 is tempting ! (even the 'normal' Stingray is)

OR

2015 Dodge Viper SRT TA 2.0 :teeth:

If it came in at £80K, then I'd have a GT-R if I wanted a fast Jap.

Yea it needs to be £50k to be competitive for what it is an hybrid honda at the end of the day and your going to have to explain no its not a honda insight its a supercar to people who dont know about cars

its bit like

a £300k Lexus lfa

or

a £300k toyota gt86 XL (if they had called it something like that)

1 had a lot more value just in the brand

it may be a good car but because of the brand the only people interested in it at that price will be honda/jdm fan boys who if im honest most couldnt afford the new civic type r let alone a super car,

IMO It will flop, in Europe anyway.

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

£130k ish for the v10+

At that point i would prefer the NSX.

I wouldn't even think about an nsx with that price tag.

The ford gt is a dissapointment without a v8.

I still if they had ever to release the new 'supra' it would be one of the nicest looking vehicles on the road. The design is stunning.

600 bhp, pushrod suspension, active aero, top speed over 200 and looks stunning, not sure how that can be disappointing, regardless of no V8??

Agree about the Supra/FT 1, absolutely in my eyes the most awesome looking thing.

Yea it needs to be £50k to be competitive for what it is an hybrid honda at the end of the day and your going to have to explain no its not a honda insight its a supercar to people who dont know about cars

its bit like

a £300k Lexus lfa

or

it may be a good car but because of the brand the only people interested in it at that price will be honda/jdm fan boys who if im honest most couldnt afford the new civic type r let alone a super car,

A hybrid Honda with 550hp (rumoured), loads of modern tech, low weight (no figures yet), hybrid system similarly used to the P1's and you can be damn sure it will be quick and handle like a dream, all for £50k...........Even a GTR is £80k+ and you want all that for £30k less?? You only have to look at the other hybrid supercars to see this in theory is a bargain, if you like that sort of thing.

The LFA is a bit of a red herring really, supposed to be stunning to drive, sure it wants to be at that money, but it was a technical show piece and nothing more, a lot like the Veyron.

Your probably right about it being a flop over here though, but even the original went down like a pork pie at a bar mitsvah over its ten year sales, 400 total in the UK.

£130k ish for the v10+

I still if they had ever to release the new 'supra' it would be one of the nicest looking vehicles on the road. The design is stunning.

600 bhp, pushrod suspension, active aero, top speed over 200 and looks stunning, not sure how that can be disappointing, regardless of no V8??

Agree about the Supra/FT 1, absolutely in my eyes the most awesome looking thing.

its bit like

a £300k Lexus lfa

or

A hybrid Honda with 550hp (rumoured), loads of modern tech, low weight (no figures yet), hybrid system similarly used to the P1's and you can be damn sure it will be quick and handle like a dream, all for £50k...........Even a GTR is £80k+ and you want all that for £30k less?? You only have to look at the other hybrid supercars to see this in theory is a bargain, if you like that sort of thing.

The LFA is a bit of a red herring really, supposed to be stunning to drive, sure it wants to be at that money, but it was a technical show piece and nothing more, a lot like the Veyron.

Your probably right about it being a flop over here though, but even the original went down like a pork pie at a bar mitsvah over its ten year sales, 400 total in the UK.

didnt say i want it for that i said people the average people on the street dumping 100k in a car wont want that, to stand a chance it needs to be so cheap

£130k ish for the v10+

its bit like

a £300k Lexus lfa

or

didnt say i want it for that i said people the average people on the street dumping 100k in a car wont want that, to stand a chance it needs to be so cheap

Why does it need to be cheap? Anyone with £120k to spend certainly arent the average people on the street!

I agree with Dan and Steve0. Yes I do :D

So do i :) Its a lot of money for a Honda, but, whats its competition, the only other performance hybrids are gaga money, its hardly a Prius, so i guess you can only pitch it at the price point, R8, 911 Turbo etc Personally i would have this all day and night over a R8 :yawn: I would bet its equally as quick.

But its never going to be Boxster/Cayman money :wacko:

Edited by Jetpilot

well for a start it doesnt look like a civic coupe from behind

the dash looks like it came from a civic

ixml36xbw8qhqxiydbjp.jpg

its just not unique enough for me

and isnt that like saying why is a 3 series worth more than accord

Edit; just noticed the floor mats dont even fit :lol:

Edited by StevoD

Styling is irrelevant to a cars value, some may love it, some may not.

And its really not worth entering discussion if you honestly think point 2 has any merit.

Basically your saying, its a Honda, it aint worth that much, i dont like it so given it a ludicrous valuation, £30k less than a Gtr, both V6's, both Japanese :) Mmmm, doesnt add up ;)

And its really not worth entering discussion if you honestly think point 2 has any merit.

Basically your saying, its a Honda, it aint worth that much, i dont like it so given it a ludicrous valuation, £30k less than a Gtr, both V6's, both Japanese :) Mmmm, doesnt add up ;)

GTR starts at £78k

i would have thought after the first one they would learn the mistake of out pricing itselfs

Edited by StevoD

wasnt the GTR 70k on release?

No £52k ish from memory, but its 2015 and £80k now ;)

so 80k of gtr

or

110k of NSX

is the NSX really worth 30k more?

and of course the 2nd line has Merit

if im going buy 100k of car i want to feel like im sitting in 100k of car not 30k of hot hatch

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

I didnt say it was, you pitched it a £50k, almost 40% less than a Gtr ;)

Are we moving the goalposts, just so i know?

so sure i said for it to be successful it needs to be around the 50k mark, the gtr and the i8 are very successful at there released retail price

the two people that car can hit misses both markets imo

the cheap fast supercar guy will get the gtr not the nsx,

The rich guy wanting a sporty everyday hybrid will buy a bmw over a honda

yes there will be people that will buy it but to me its been marketed and priced in a area thats already taken

Edited by StevoD

I didnt say it was, you pitched it a £50k, almost 40% less than a Gtr ;)

Are we moving the goalposts, just so i know?

so sure i said for it to be successful it needs to be around the 50k mark, the gtr and the i8 are very successful at there released retail price

priced in a area thats already taken

You cannot suggest a release date price of the gtr 7-8 years ago has ANY bearing on a car released later this year.

The I8 imo is nothing like this, it has a 3cyl engine, and it has 200hp less, its a completely different animal

Priced in area thats already taken, by what, what hybrid sports car can you buy for £110-£120k with the same credentials, regardless of whether you like it or would buy it?

Trust me, if i had that money burning a whole in my pocket it wouldnt be one of these, but that is immaterial to its price point and particularly your valuation based on nothing more than it wears a Honda badge (accurate enough but not 40% less than a "similar" vehicle) and you dont like the styling. Dont forget it will be badged Acura in the states so doesnt carry quite the same stigma, jeez my mate went to Florida and mentioned he had a Lexus and the girls were throwing their kickers at him, it was an is200, but they love Lexus in the states.

Back on topic, will be very interested to hear some reviews as it gets driven :