Intro/question on behalf of a friend

Hi all,

I've been on the forum a while now but I'm posting on behalf of a friend/work collegue, (have tried to sign him up be no go so far :sadface: )

He's recently bought a lovely UK spec '04 roadster in sunset orange on my recommendation (he just wanted a soft top rocket so naturally I got him on board the Zed train). We met up a couple of days after he got it to compare and I got him to pop open the bonnet. Now according to the bloke who sold it to him (dealership) it was a totally standard and unmodified example, however on peeking under the hood I immediately spied what appears to be a K&N induction kit.

What's more it sounds much beefier and louder than mine (fair enough mine's JDM with a stock exhaust) and appears to have a stock exhaust also.

So... my question is has anyone here owned this car previously and if so do they know what mods it's had done to it? It had a private plate when he bought it: R22 LCC.

Sorry for the long post, here's a potato:

Russet_Potato.jpg

Edited by tommoger

Also not much help on the car history itself, but the last JDM car I saw with a stock exhaust system (2003 car) was considerably quieter than a UK car with an OEM exhaust.

If you can post some pics of his back box (Ooer) I'm sure someone could identify it.

Nice spud :thumbs:

Sorry I can't answer your question as you sound like a very polite chap.

In all my years on here no other newbie has had the generosity to offer a "potatoe" with a post.

Maybe we should make it a new forum rule for all newbies asking questions to make similar worthy offerings :teeth:

• Like 1