The Nismo goes to Abbey Motorsport for an Uprev

Andrew Donnison

A good productive day today down at Abbey Motorsport with Mark and Scott. I left home at 06:00 for the 222 mile trip to Oxsted in Surrey. I filled the Z up with Shell V-Power and set off at a steady 70-80mph. When I arrived the Z had averaged 33.2Mpg.

The Z was taken to the Dyno Test area and setup ready. Mark ran an initial test to get a benchmark then set about setting up the UPREV. Mark talked me through the process as he went about his magic of tuning each setting and retesting. It took less than an hour for Mark to complete the setup and program the ECU with the new map. You can easily visualise on the twin screens the original map and the new map. An increase of 10BHP at the hub for a 10 year old car with 62K on the clock was achieved. I had turned up with no real expectation, I was not expecting a huge BHP increase or a faster car, and I would get a SC or Turbo for that. However, my expectations were certainly raised when I drove it the 222 miles home. It was definitely a different experience, very smooth through the gears all the way to 6th and it felt tighter and with a lot more torque. The throttle response was now crisp as well. Speed wise it did not feel any faster just silky smooth delivery. Mark also disabled the EML warning lights for the Hi-Flow Decat Exhaust fitted as part of the UPREV process.

I am very pleased with the work done, very professional and extremely knowledgeable of the 350Z UPREV process and would recommend them. The total cost was £402 Inc VAT

On a final note, I managed to squeeze 439 miles out of the tank of fuel with an indicated 15 miles left before I filled it up again.

Very happy with my first 350Z.

post-23392-0-36050700-1420495638_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

How much was it spent on food and drinks as well today? :D Just trying to get a cost of £ / HP :D

Plus taking a day off work aswell as the HFC's I'm guessing at around £65-£75 per hp on a nigh on 1600kg car, so an increase of about 7hp/ton for around £700 :wacko:

How much was it spent on food and drinks as well today? :D Just trying to get a cost of £ / HP :D

Plus taking a day off work aswell as the HFC's I'm guessing at around £65-£75 per hp on a nigh on 1600kg car, so an increase of about 7hp/ton for around £700 :wacko:

You're all big bad bullies. Shame shame shame on you!

Ps, it's not a nismo....

• Like 1

whats your piont :scare:B) B)

Yes, but well worth it, you forgot to mention the HP generated by the sticker :lol:

Hey, I'm no bully, I'm just looking at what has been gained from the outside. I've been there & done that in the past. Now I just look at it all this tuning of NA cars & wonder if it's even worth bothering with if you haven't already focussed on the handling side :surrender:

Hey, I'm no bully, I'm just looking at what has been gained from the outside. I've been there & done that in the past. Now I just look at it all this tuning of NA cars & wonder if it's even worth bothering with if you haven't already focussed on the handling side :surrender:

Bully!!!!! I'm only joking, and your point is very valid. Big money to get big BHP gains on these cars

To be quite honest... Not worth doing it on a NA car, I've also been there and done that, on both 350z and 370z. Having supercharged my 350z and twin-turbo charged my 370z, it's only now that I realised unfortunately it was such a waste of money, specially if the plans are to go FI at a later stage.

Firstly welcome aboard Andrew and pleased to hear you're happy with the results of your UpRev as that's all that matters. ;)

I have to say as others have touched on the subject it's not a Nismo though unfortunately. Just has some added "badges" by the looks of it.

The 350Z Nismo versions where only available I believe in Japan & the US. From what I remember reading before there was only one "Nismo S Tune" imported into the UK by Nissan.

Hope that doesn't upset you as it's still a nice Zed that you should enjoy for what it is. :thumbs:

• Like 4

Andrew,

please to meet you yesterday and pleased you enjoyed your time @ Abbey Motorsport.

As we discussed yesterday it isn't all about the gain in BHP the final number on the dyno;

Its all about the way the car drives we re-calibrate the car to the mods you have had fitted and to take in the wear and tear as the car gets older.

Will be in contact very soon re Cruise control fitment.

thanks

This is my very first 350Z and it came with the Nismo badges already on so I assumed ......they will soon be off as don't want to be a fraud.

The car drives and feels totally different since the upgrade. Like I said earlier, it was not about any BHP increase or to make it faster than it already is. The benefits of a smoother and responsive ride were more important. When the car was purchased it already had Hi Flow decats on and what looks like a Cosworth induction kit? The smoothness when accelerating is very noticeable.

I also spent £1.60 on a sandwich (cheese ploughman) on the trip.

• Like 3

This is my very first 350Z and it came with the Nismo badges already on so I assumed ......they will soon be off as don't want to be a fraud.

The car drives and feels totally different since the upgrade. Like I said earlier, it was not about any BHP increase or to make it faster than it already is. The benefits of a smoother and responsive ride were more important. When the car was purchased it already had Hi Flow decats on and what looks like a Cosworth induction kit? The smoothness when accelerating is very noticeable.

The air filter kit is a JWT Pop charger with a alloy link pipe which in our mind isnt the best but sounds awesome.

pleased your happy with the tune.

thanks for the feedback

just don't want you paying premium for a car that you thought was a Nismo... but it doesn't seem the case?