Pic Of My TomTom Start 25 Fitted

keithvmx1200

I bought it from Halfords and it cost me £105 hard wire fitted which took two hours but there are no wires showing. It can be taken out and used in another car with a spare lead and it covers the UK and all of Europe which is about 48 countries,plus I get four free maps a year for life.

DSCF3921.jpg

• Like 3

hey was just wondering when you say hardwired.. did you splice the cigarette adaptor part? issit just a positive and earth in that wire?

I got Halfords auto electric guy to do it which took him two hours, I know he connected to the cig lighter in the passenger side and that he had to find a seperate earthing point..

Regards keith B)

So how is the sat nav unit actually fitted/held in place? What brackets are behind the unit, or is it simply wedged in or held in by witch craft? :shrug:

It is the 5in TomTom and with only a tiny bit of pressure it fits in the cubbyhole as if it was made to measure and it holds very well and does not move at all. I have covered almost 100 miles so far and it has not moved at all and we have loads of potholes in Gloucestershire and yet it is very easy to remove out of the cubyhole to put in another car if you have a spare wire. It also switches on and off with the ignition.

Regards keith

• Like 1

I like it, and had thought about doing similar before I fitted my double din unit, but the only thing that put me off, is having to drive around with the cubby lid sticking out.

It's a pity somebody can't develop a lid that slides away above the cubby hole.

I like it, and had thought about doing similar before I fitted my double din unit, but the only thing that put me off, is having to drive around with the cubby lid sticking out.

There is such a thing Steve, I have seen it. Not sure what option it was, but I know Kev had one in his JDM roadster.

Edit: A quick search suggests Alex may have some (well, he did in 2013 :lol: ) http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/67633-2003-06-retractable-cubby-sat-nav-model/

Edited by 14N
  • Like 1

There is such a thing Steve, I have seen it. Not sure what option it was, but I know Kev had one in his JDM roadster.

Best we track down Kev then and find out more :D

hey was just wondering when you say hardwired.. did you splice the cigarette adaptor part? issit just a positive and earth in that wire?

I got Halfords auto electric guy to do it which took him two hours, I know he connected to the cig lighter in the passenger side and that he had to find a seperate earthing point..

Regards keith B)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :scare:

Get_Halfords_to_fit_it_they_said.jpg

• Like 2

Edit: A quick search suggests Alex may have some (well, he did in 2013 :lol: ) http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/67633-2003-06-retractable-cubby-sat-nav-model/

Seems they are quite elusive.

Found this video of one in operation though, and looks very good.

I'm liking this thread more and more. Thought of fitting my Tom Tom Go 530 at one time but it would have needed some sort of facia to make it look nice in the cubby. I was low on enthusiasm at the time and have been unable to top up with any since so it's still an outstanding desire.

The 5 " Tom Tom looks to fit quite snug so I may follow suit. Like the retractable cubby as well (didn't know about these) anyone have any idea of price?

P.S.

Which 5" Tom Tom was it as there a a few or are case sizes the same?

It looks like a Tom Tom Start 25 to me. Or maybe I just read the thread title? :p

As Del Boy would say " I know thaat, what I meant was is it a Tom Tom 25 like what the title says"

Blush blush. My New Years resolution was to stop speed reading and make less daft mistakes. Looks like I've broken that one already. Ha ha

• Like 1