A couple of questions about the 313hr

mouldie

I just got rid of my 296 roadster for a few reasons but don't think I've quite got the zed out of my system yet. I really fancy a 313 coupe but, before I take the plunge, wanted to check a couple of things.

Did Nissan sort the oil consumption issue by the time they released the hr?

Is the gearbox any better in the hr?

Do the same common faults such as clicking axle, skipping Bose etc plague the later cars too?

Thanks in advance!

Not used any oil in the 6 months I have had mine.

Haven't driven both so don't know about the gear box but mine is fine. Can be a bit difficult 1st to 2nd when cold but once warmed up it fine.

My Bose was taken out before I bought mine so not sure on the skipping.

The HR had a lot of work done engine wise I believe. Something like 80% different I think?

Hi There,

Used to have a 2005 roadster and traded it in for a late coupe.

The HR engine is a lot better and mid range engine response is a great deal better.

Oil consumption on later models is better. Clutch/gearbox combination still pants.

Bose still the same.

Hope this helps. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Had mine a couple of months and hasn't used a drop of oil. I check religiously every week.

I have removed the Bose head unit as I wanted a double din unit with satnav, Bluetooth music etc. The unit wasn't skipping before I removed it.

Don't have a problem with the gearbox, but I don't think they're different to earlier ones.

Clicking axle, yes got that.

My HR didn't use any oil in the year I had it and had done around 8k miles. Not had any problems with the clicky axle or Bose problems, but I've heard these are still common problems in the HR along with all models of the zed. Can't comment on the gearbox, but it's fine for me :thumbs:

Engine-wise it's not skipped a beat, absolutely love the way it pulls when I put my foot down, especially after it hits 4k RPM all the way to the redline

You will find common faults with just about any car. The HR isnt perfect but given its a completely different engine so doesnt have the inherent faults. Don't see a lot of HR members moaning about too much other than the normal wear and tear you get with any car. :thumbs:

As others said, I use no oil between services. Some people get the clicky axle but it seems more apparent on the DE models, probably because they are older and there is more of them though. I love the gearbox, nice mechanical feel not many other manuals cars compare to it, but I guess it's a personal thing. Tube of Molyslip in the gearbox oil does wonders with the notchy 1st-2nd when cold. Not driven a DE to compare though.

Believe the Bose radio is the same as the earlier models which suffer with the skipping etc but it's a pretty rubbish HU anyway which I'd change to something better one day.

Edited by Jp606

Cheers for the input everyone! My roadster box was fine in the summer but as the temperature dropped it got notchy. I had the gearbox oil changed and also used moly slip but the problem got worse as the temperature kept dropping. Once the gearbox was warm all gears were fine but having no second gear for the first ten minutes of each drive was a bit concerning!