Too much Bass, mega rattle!

Pritchard

Since fitting my new gear im a little disappointed, in the sub. not because its weak, but now the vibration is just too much, that it outplays the speakers.

if i turn the sub right down, so thats its kicking out much less bass than the BOSE, i can still hear a really bad rattle.

annoying.

obviously, something has gone rye since the install.

so, iv spent a good hour today in daylight on all fours on the passenger and drivers seats looking around for all the possible loose plastics and found qute a bit that looked like potential rattle hotspots.

iv just been to my local park and ride to turn up some bass - and it 've pinpointed almost all, if not all, of the rattles to one spot: the sub enclosure.

so the Pioneer sub it fitted where the BOSE was. there are 2 main rattles, firstly the plastic cover (the big A3 sized piece with BOSE badge. )

and secondly, the entire sheet of metal.

if i take off the cover, and then push with my hands on the flat metal surface around the sub, it stops. all rattles, gone.

anyone else had this issue? somehow i dont think dynamat will cure this one, i need to apply quite a bit of pressure to make it stop.

i have searched this subforum for vibrations, vibration, and rattles, but i cant see anyone else complaining of this.

bad install?

Pritchard

Try tightening the bolts that hold the metal plate in place, might be as simple as that

ah, i didnt realise that plate was detachable. that could well be what it is.

i'm which case I will remove it and re-apply tighter with some soft sponge in the contact points. see if that doest the trick.

i am afraid I cant turn it up and forget about it. the rattle literally outplays the speakers. its that bad.

at very, very low sub gain (i.e, its set to like -20db on the headunit) its so low that i cannot feel the bass at all while driving. but my speakers are blarring out loud tunes. and yet all i can hear is rattle rattle rattle from the sub enclosure area.

i'll try and get a video of it later, not sure how well a mic will pick up the noises but ill try and upload.

As stated in my earlier post, the OEM sub enclose is crap for an aftermarket sub. Seen various threads about people recommending putting in the boot.

Video isn't going to help us track down the rattle, you will either need to

- Track down where the rattle is coming from

- Remove the plastics and mod the housing to accompany the sub

- Tweak the Amp settings

Not sure if this will help mate but i run the same set up and it bugged me no end when i installed it and had rattles in the end i removed the lot and Dynamated all the sub area and the metal around it

it removed all the rattles and made it sound 100 times better i also Dynamated the doors ect with what i had left over and it just made the whole system sound better

regards

Edited by kingrob