Before & Before & After Dynos @Abbey

Pritchard

Nice numbers Pritchard, I couldn't see a comment saying whether or not the butt dyno felt better?

Good info from Mark, this sort of stuff provokes lively debate and it's good to see some numbers and info from the pros :thumbs:

• Like 1

Nice numbers Pritchard, I couldn't see a comment saying whether or not the butt dyno felt better?

Well jury s still out actually. ive had some wet and dry roads to play with now.

gone through 2 tanks since the work. i've had a massive drop in mpg. i've never seen my mpg do under 20 during a tank. on a completed tank to and fro work etc ive averaged 22-24 since owning the car.

my first post-map tank was 16mpg, which ok maybe i was listening to the exhaust too much and didnt realise''...2nd tank was 16mpg also. my current one is on 17.2mpg, about half empty.

thats some heck of a drop.

performance wise. feels no different. which for a ~9% increase on a heavy car can be excused.

but as for the Chalk and Cheese difference i've heard mentioned by other end users of Uprev. Theres no difference. 1st 2nd and 3rd gears feel no different. response feels no different.

Mark,

the enrichment of the fueling for WoT, does that also apply across the entire closed loop? Looking at the above chart it looks about the same.

I'm just wondering, as i do seem to have a 20% drop in mpg :( in what is predominantly closed loop driving.

On my next drive out im going to rest the counter and absolutely poodle around gently at around 50mph for a few miles. just to rule out my heavy foot.

Pritchard

Edited by Pritchard

With all the bolt-ons and an uprev my MPG went up by about 1mpg on average. Not a lot but it makes a difference when you do a lot of miles and my driving style didn't change at all so I know it wasn't that.

I'd suggest the OP has a heavy foot now :teeth:

Also, the throttle response was very snappy after uprev.

Edited by Toon Chris

Well jury s still out actually. ive had some wet and dry roads to play with now.

gone through 2 tanks since the work. i've had a massive drop in mpg. i've never seen my mpg do under 20 during a tank. on a completed tank to and fro work etc ive averaged 22-24 since owning the car.

my first post-map tank was 16mpg, which ok maybe i was listening to the exhaust too much and didnt realise''...2nd tank was 16mpg also. my current one is on 17.2mpg, about half empty.

thats some heck of a drop.

performance wise. feels no different. which for a ~9% increase on a heavy car can be excused.

but as for the Chalk and Cheese difference i've heard mentioned by other end users of Uprev. Theres no difference. 1st 2nd and 3rd gears feel no different. response feels no different.

Mark,

the enrichment of the fueling for WoT, does that also apply across the entire closed loop? Looking at the above chart it looks about the same.

I'm just wondering, as i do seem to have a 20% drop in mpg :( in what is predominantly closed loop driving.

On my next drive out im going to rest the counter and absolutely poodle around gently at around 50mph for a few miles. just to rule out my heavy foot.

Pritchard

I really need to get round to sorting some before and after AFR DYNO plots out and cross reference to the AFR layout maps.

The cars with the factor AFR layout don't actually run that fuelling curve when we run the car on our Dynapack.

Reset the trip and let it run for sometime please I have found that resetting while using the car like it should be results in the MPG starts at the MPG being measured at the time and takes some time for everything to sort itself out.

With regards not feeling any better the car felt very responsive when I drove it pulled the correct speed up my test road. I drive a lot of Zeds and I can say it felt one of the best I have driven.

Welcome to flash it back to stock if you want to try it in stock set up.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Thread Revival. :)

Its been 6 months, and some 15,000miles since the remap ( i drive alot).

My mpg is still really low to how it used to be, in closed loop driving (i.e, light footed, not Wide Open throttle). i've kind of learnt to live with it. but the confirmation came during the Wales meet a couple of weeks ago, a couple of us convoyed from London, so on the walkie-talkie i asked the guys to reset their trips.

i was 3rd in a convoy of 3 - so wasnt setting the pace, and was keeping an even footing

going through north london and north circular, with lots of roudabouts and lights, i was 20.point-something, whereas a DE and HR i was with were both quite close to each other, in the high 20s.

maybe not the best test. so when we hit the motoway and were driving a little more sensibly we reset.

They were on 34-35mpg at steady driving (to suit traffic. 60-75mph). One of these cars was Bradders, who those at Wales know hes lost at least 1 valve seal or oil ring :p the smoke from that thing, cor!

me, i was on 25-26mpg!

thats huge. :(

My exhaust has since the remap always smelt of unburnt fuel when leave the drive / parkup. but Bradders made mention on the trip that when driving behind me, it was quite strong. Yes i have sports cats, but unburnt fuel isnt a symptom of sports cats.in fact it will kill them.

10mpg. thats some heck of a figure thats now been proven in a comparison.

having spoken to other remapped Z's during recent meets, it seems i'm not the only one with the issue. but, not everyone has the complaint. :shrug: seems odd that some of these results seem to be polarised.

So, now i know its not a magical-overnight-heavyfoot-syndrome, i'm going to be looking at getting this re-remapped.

Pritchard

Bhp figures look (and sound fantastic), but I'd be raging if like you, I couldn't feel a significant difference to the way it pull? I'd be even more upset that I'm doing shockingly bad mpg compared to a car that does bad enough mpg in standard form lol

Any updates on this??

Hi,

Only thing I can do is bring the car back , we will run it in the DYNO and see if there is any issues. If there is any issues Abbey will sort them out.

You haven't been in contact before thou that you wasn't happy with us?

Ring or email me for a convenient date/time.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

I thought i did... offer was to remove the remap.

Mark,

Pritchard

Reset the trip and let it run for sometime please I have found that resetting while using the car like it should be results in the MPG starts at the MPG being measured at the time and takes some time for everything to sort itself out.

With regards not feeling any better the car felt very responsive when I drove it pulled the correct speed up my test road. I drive a lot of Zeds and I can say it felt one of the best I have driven.

Welcome to flash it back to stock if you want to try it in stock set up.

Thanks

I'll be in contact in due time. I'm just updating the results thread before i forgot the Wales figures. :thumbs: