5th gear channel 5

stuey

What did you think of the Bowler Nemisis. These are built about 2 miles from me by Drew Bowler. He's been building off road racers for years. I used to own one of his early Bowler's called a Tomcat. in fact I bought it from Drew.

Drew sold the rights to make this car a few years ago and ther are now built Lincs way. Here's the Tomcat website if anyone is interested. Also shows me in action. Drew now focuses on Daktar cars, which cost upwards of £50k.

http://www.tomcatmotorsport.co.uk/gallery.htm

Here's the picture shown on his website of me racing a Super Special Figure 8 2 day event. I managed 4th at this event by making the most of the handicap system.

Me.jpg

Did I miss something? The review I was watching it was pretty clear that on the track the 350 was much more of a handful than the Z4 - it was a better car round the track. The 350z you really had to wrestle to get it round the corners like the Z4 was.

Maybe if you were racing at full tilt then the 350z might have it but for 99.99% of the people out there the Z4 would be the better car to go for.

An interesting comparison would be how much better the Coupe was as the main complaint was the chassis which is the biggest thing to be affected from chopping the roof off.

Seen this 2nite - what a complete joke!!!

350 out performed the Z4 in all areas. 5th gear then go onto say that the Z4 is still the superior car. Not at all biased even tho Mr BMW has offered up 5th Gear a free Z4 to give away :thumbdown:

Btw Hi peeps :)

I thought that as well, especially when you throw the price difference into the equation. If the point was that the Z won all 3 rounds and was cheaper then surely it won?

Seen this 2nite - what a complete joke!!!

350 out performed the Z4 in all areas. 5th gear then go onto say that the Z4 is still the superior car. Not at all biased even tho Mr BMW has offered up 5th Gear a free Z4 to give away :thumbdown:

Btw Hi peeps :)

I thought that as well, especially when you throw the price difference into the equation. If the point was that the Z won all 3 rounds and was cheaper then surely it won?

Bloody 5th Gear burning down top gears storage facility and VBH burning the cool wall! :rant: lol.

I missed it so will have to watch it on Sunday morning or saturday morning, i forget which one.

Liam!!! Glad you are back dude, where have you been?

I think the point they were trying to make is that although the Zed had it on all 3 counts, it wasnt by very much at all and that Tif and Jas personally perfered the other aspects of the Beemer (prob better build quality etc) so would take it over the Zed.

They have also already given away a 350z previously on one of last seasons shows I think.

I wonder if the producers thought the BMW would win so already had the prize lined up. It did seem very laughable though - one contestant wins all three challenges, but the presenters say they would rather have the other car - so that one wins.

Very much "its my ball, so I say who wins".

Perhaps we could do that in F1 next season to save all the tension - just ask Bernie which driver he preffers and give him the title, it would save months of all this competition malarky, and the teams wouldnt have to lug the gear round the planet.

I can understand your dissapointment, but these are 2 professional drivers so their oppinion is surely valuable. Rather than the 3 amatuers on Top Gear.

In do agree that in the looks department though, the Zed wins. :thumbs:

Not sure what engine size they picked for the Z4, (wasn't paying attention), but they could have picked the Z4M... :scare:

It was the 3l (only 2 xhausts). Z4M is 10k more anyway. I like the way they said the Bimmer was 2k more (yeah with like nothing onboard).

I'm not biased in anyway whatso ever :teeth:

The Z is the 1st car I've owned (and I love my music) where I don't seem to switch the stereo on very often - I wonder why :yahoo:

Good to see it driven hard anyway!!