Help please starting issues.

newkid

Hey, had a problem about 5 days ago where car wouldnt start in the morning, no warning lights or anything and all the dash lit up fine, tried it about 5 times and then it fired up and went. Have just finished work and it wont go at all. Again all lights are on and battery seems ok, i can hear the solenoid click when i turn the key but engine does absolutely nothing. Not trying to turn over or anything. Now stuck in the pouring rain in the dark and trying to bump start it. Could it be a loose connection or is the starter motor gone ? Voltmeter sits at 12 when ignition is on and drops just a smidge when i turn headlights on so i think battery is ok?

Sounds like it could definitely be the battery to me. These cars do weird things when the battery is duff. The cold really kills them off.

I thought that but surely if it was the battery it would try to turn over but just not be able to? Whereas its literally doing bugger all.

Sounds like it could definitely be the battery to me. These cars do weird things when the battery is duff. The cold really kills them off.

As Neil and others have said.

First couple of days of cold finds them out.

(over the next 3 months there will be 3 or 4 will ask the same question and a lot who will just get a new battery having read your thread) :thumbs: