Help with slam panel what am i doing wrong:(

PPod

Ok so just got my slam panel and popped off the plastic caps and fitted it right on no problems. Then when I go to close bonnet it wont close :( so then took off other part of clip to reduce the height to see if it was the height closed it again still nothing. This is so frustrating an easy job like this but cant get bonnet to close.

Loosen the three bolts that hold on the bonnet catch. Then lift the catch slightly (it does move about with the three bolts loosened). Do them up fingertight while holding the catch in position, then tighten then with your spanner/ratchet.

Bonnet fell on my head and was trapped out there all night was calling for help and my neighbour came over thinking she was going to help but said "that's what you get for having a loud exhaust" walked away :(

Edited by PPod
  • Like 1

Yeah managed to get it sorted only took 5 mins but fell asleep straight after so never posted up sooner.(hate switching from nightshift to day) thanks guys

Hope you managed to get into bed rather than spark out asleep on your slam panel :teeth:

• Like 1

I thought we were gonna see news headlines this morning.... :cold:

BREAKING NEWS

Man found frozen and suffering from hyperthermia after spending the night outside with his fingers trapped under the bonnet of his Nissan 350z.

Car and owner are reported to be in a stable condition.

• Like 2