Electric windows in winter question

steve916

I know that the windows are supposed to drop a little when you open the doors, and then pop back up again when you close the doors.

My question is, can you still open the doors in winter when the windows are frozen?

Apologies if it's a daft question but I just had to ask.

It's a problem - they get stuck :) I find teflon spray around the tops/rubber helps, Others have used a bit of grease. Beware trying to defrost by putting hot water in cold glass - shatter. Proceed with caution ;)

Thanks for the tip Chris.

I know about the hot water. Would never do that. I do have some Teflon spray though so I can be prepared :)

• Like 1

I know that the windows are supposed to drop a little when you open the doors, and then pop back up again when you close the doors.

My question is, can you still open the doors in winter when the windows are frozen?

This'll be my 8th winter with the Zed so I've had quite a bit of experience with this. Personally, I don't worry about the windows, the main battle is actually to get the doors open. They usually freeze in the area around the door handle/door lock so its O.K to use hot water in that area, as for the windows, they may or may not freeze, I don't really know as I don't want the windows down when its freezing outside :lol: .Be aware that in a prolonged freeze your headlight washer covers could pop out (both mine and my wife's did anyway). I don't know what other Zed owners do about this but I feel its best to fix this using warm water just in case the washer cover flies off when you're driving along.

Pete

• Like 1

+1 here as it's my first winter with my zed and thank you all for the tips above.

B)

• Like 1

This'll be my 8th winter with the Zed so I've had quite a bit of experience with this. Personally, I don't worry about the windows, the main battle is actually to get the doors open. They usually freeze in the area around the door handle/door lock so its O.K to use hot water in that area, as for the windows, they may or may not freeze, I don't really know as I don't want the windows down when its freezing outside :lol: .Be aware that in a prolonged freeze your headlight washer covers could pop out (both mine and my wife's did anyway). I don't know what other Zed owners do about this but I feel its best to fix this using warm water just in case the washer cover flies off when you're driving along.

Pete

Thanks for the tips Pete. I know what other things to watch out for now, when it gets really cold.