[BOOBS] Adrian's 350Z build thread

Adrian_CNC

Mods are starting to come along nicely so I think it's time I start my own thread. :)

I got a bit bored of FWD so after 18 months of driving and modding my latest car - CTR EP3 I decided to try RWD/AWD.

This is my EP3 in all her glory before sale, still miss that car a bit - 244 bhp pulling just over 1200kg while screaming at 8000 rpm was a very pleasant experience. :)

knDbdopl.jpg

k9RU5bOl.jpg

I had quite a few cars in mind: S15 spec R, M3 e46, 125i coupe, 123d coupe, z4 3.0si coupe, impreza sti ppp bugeye/hawkeye, audi s3 and of course 350z which won eventually. :)

I've bought the car in July this year, 200 mile trip up to Edinburgh to view her and luckily the car was pretty much as described.

8 hours in the car, best day of my Mrs' life! :p

First pic on the way back, happy me and MY Z. :)

A4jcORFl.jpg

Car was a standard GT apart from EBC USR discs + EBC RedStuff pads, whiteline adjustable drop links and white front bumper reflectors.

As it turned out later it also had Japspeed Y-pipe and Japspeed K2 exhaust, not the best but still an added bonus. :)

I can never keep away from modding a car for longer than a few days, first off was the gear knob - original was a bit worn so to get me started I bought a cheap and cheerful Razo copy gearknob.

bK6pgZpl.jpg

Next up was the head unit, criteria were: touch screen, good quality, fast and MP3 playback from a flash drive. Second USB input on a nice long cable and detachable front panel was an added bonus - I went for SONY XAV602BT.

8XH3aRVl.jpg

I was very happy with the improved sound quality, I then fitted the included microphone for bluetooth and wired a reversing camera which was a painful job but worth it in the end.

yKnqgavl.jpg

gXEBwQFl.jpg

AZC49GUl.jpg

Mrs then offered to test the camera lens with her curves, I think it passed! :D

6kWM2a3l.jpg

I wanted to get rid of small paint bubbling on the edge of the bonnet and fix a little scuff on the front bumper so I booked the car for a front end respray.

Rays were bubbling as well so I decided to get them refurbed at the same time.

Took me a while to choose the colour but eventually I went for Porsche 7A1 Black Grey which I still love.

You can see the topic with different rays colours I photoshopped before I made my mind up.

http://www.350z-uk.c...a-gunmetal-zed/

I also had the front budget tyres swapped to MPSS to match the rears (I now know why people rave about them so much - worth every penny!)

pHxurPwl.jpg

6P87CQ1l.jpg

Then I had a service and some mods fitted:

P1 Oil Service (Nissan oil filter, sump plug crush washer and Motul 5W30 engine oil)

Nissan Diff oil

Nissan Gearbox oil + Molyslip

New Coolant

Braided clutch line + Motul RBF600 fluid

Hel braided brake lines + Motul RBF600 fluid

Ferodo DS2500 front pads (to replace RedStuffs which were pretty rubbish)

TopSpeed resonated decats

I also did flyboy revup airbox mod and fitted an HKS panel filter which seemed to release a few horses. :D

This is how the car sounds at the minute:

Zed had a special day recently - 33333 miles so I treated it to an RDX stubby aerial.

1kgOwFQl.jpg

Yesterday I polished my headlights which were pretty hazed and fitted TS 20/25mm wheel spacers.

I used a drill polishing pad and chemical guys 321 laser buff that my mate gave me to try out, finished off with 2 coats of glass sealant to protect headlights from UV light.

The difference is massive and I'm very happy with the result.

Headlights before:

C0KMbLol.jpg

uzpLEcsl.jpg

After:

bCzH5oSl.jpg

Before (right) and after (left):

72KeZNtl.jpg

Wheel spacers, before:

9wDn8WKl.jpg

After:

POB4FLNl.jpg

Z9FDaWRl.jpg

4J0UwuXl.jpg

Coming up:

Wasso plenum spacer and a set of Denso Iridium spark plugs - already waiting to be fitted.

Facelift LED tail lights and Cree LED sidelights for the front

New plate (took off the 3/4 one after I found out it's a £100 fine if they stop you) as the full size one I got with the car is a bit tatty.

Plasti dipping the front lip

and more...

Few pics of the car (before the wheel spacers):

82kO9WEl.jpg

vMiYrZkl.jpg

Gv6YPV3l.jpg

And the current spec list:

Engine & Exhaust

- HKS panel filter

- Velocity stack (flyboy airbox mod)

- Topspeed resonated decats

- Japspeed Y-pipe

- Japspeed K2 exhaust

- Braided clutch line

Suspension & Handling

- Whiteline adjustable drop links

Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

- Rays in Porsche 7A1 Black Grey

- Tarmac Sports 20/25mm wheel spacers

- Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres (225 front, 245 rear)

- Ferodo DS2500 front pads

- EBC USR front discs

- HEL braided brake lines front and back

- Motul RBF600 brake fluid

Exterior

- White bumper reflectors

- RDX stubby aerial

- Reversing camera in license plate bulb housing

Interior

- Razo copy gearknob

- Sony XAV602BT headunit with steering control adapter

- Nissan boot divider, boot mat and cargo net