Just got me a Z :) and loving it

Is there any out there that allow the use of the steering wheel controls and sat nav iPhone connection to play music etc?

Any manufacturers after market head unit will allow the use of the steering wheel controls (volume/skip etc) with the correct wiring harness as far as I know.

Guide: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/15611-what-you-need-to-upgrade-your-350z-audio-system/

I believe Sat Nav & iphone connection is specific though to whether the head unit you buy supports this. My Pioneer has a front USB as well as front AUX input which allows you to plug in ipods etc but I never use that feature so I don't know a lot about it sorry.

I generally play CD's or use the USB port to play my music from a memory stick.

Have a read through this section as the info's probably in there somewhere: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/27-ice-electronics/

:thumbs:

I think he wants to use handfree steering control buttons too. As far as I know, there are no stereos that support the handsfree buttons but most will support the skip tracks, volume on your phone/stereo via the steering controls.

Edited by leet8845

Thanks for all the info gents looks like I have to just ignore the little phone button :) not a biggy I guess next question know weres best to get the media system I'm in frimley (Surrey)? No any decent traders :)

I know I'm a pain in the butt already lol

I had a play with the voice control tonight, it brings up Google on my android phone and I can say who to dial, ask a question or where is nearest petrol station, or any other POI I could think of, it brings up the map and I can use Google maps. It may not be on steering wheel but it can do a whole lot more and its easy enough to tap the touchscreen.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok had my Z for 3 weeks now and even decided to turn off the ESP A FEW TIMEs :)))) epic fun big smiles and then I poop my pants and get of the gas to quick must learn to be gentle. Still I'm loving my car want to put some bling on soon but doing up the house at same time doesn't help. :()

I have not seen one other Z since I got mine :( I'm from frimley

Ok had my Z for 3 weeks now and even decided to turn off the ESP A FEW TIMEs :)))) epic fun big smiles and then I poop my pants and get of the gas to quick must learn to be gentle. Still I'm loving my car want to put some bling on soon but doing up the house at same time doesn't help. :()

Glad you're having fun with your Zed.

I've only seen one other Zed locally in the last month or more, ....nice having a rare "ish" car. B);)

im in farnborough and work in bagshot so go through frimley daily, theres loads of us in the area i see 3/4 a day and my best mate has one! he lives in blackwater, if i see you i'll give you a wave, mine is black with bronze rays

Is there any out there that allow the use of the steering wheel controls and sat nav iPhone connection to play music etc?

Any manufacturers after market head unit will allow the use of the steering wheel controls (volume/skip etc) with the correct wiring harness as far as I know.

Guide: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/15611-what-you-need-to-upgrade-your-350z-audio-system/

I believe Sat Nav & iphone connection is specific though to whether the head unit you buy supports this. My Pioneer has a front USB as well as front AUX input which allows you to plug in ipods etc but I never use that feature so I don't know a lot about it sorry.

I generally play CD's or use the USB port to play my music from a memory stick.

Have a read through this section as the info's probably in there somewhere: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/27-ice-electronics/

:thumbs:

Not sure what version I have, but I have very similar to this, I connect my iPhone via USB lead and it finds all my iTunes. Or I can just get in, and it connects my iTunes from my iPhone via Bluetooth to the dash, and I can control it all on the wheel too.

Edited by Sarah chantal