Polishing a wrapped car?

martybhoy

Something came across my mind earlier after washing my car.

I have my roof wrapped in gloss black vinyl.

I've also considerred getting the full cars colour changed over to gloss black as I think the zed really suits it.

My question though does putting polish on top of a vinyl covered panel make a difference?

Likewise if i'd to wrap my car, would there be a point in polishing it?

Wax is fine on wraps, treat it the same as if it were a normal paint job. Waxing will mean you shouldnt need to polish it. Also, some wrapping films are designed to lessen light scuffs when heated. Basically they disappear when you go over it with a heat gun...dont over heat though. Hope this helps.

By the way, if youre thinking of wrapping it black, id use avery supreme, it has a higher gloss finish than materials like hexis and 3m.

Wax is fine on wraps, treat it the same as if it were a normal paint job. Waxing will mean you shouldnt need to polish it. Also, some wrapping films are designed to lessen light scuffs when heated. Basically they disappear when you go over it with a heat gun...dont over heat though. Hope this helps.

By the way, if youre thinking of wrapping it black, id use avery supreme, it has a higher gloss finish than materials like hexis and 3m.

Avery Gloss Black Metallic ;)

IMG_5523_zps1d30bc56.jpg

• Like 2

Avery Gloss Black Metallic ;)

IMG_5523_zps1d30bc56.jpg

Yup thats the one!! Thats Avery SUPREME gloss black metallic to you!! B)

• 3 weeks later...

Ahh some great tips and advice there chaps!

When I decide to go for the wrap i'll be asking for avery gloss black, it looks stunning!

:teeth:

Remember to ask for the Avery Supreme (thats the vinyl range) black metallic!! Thats what Bulletmagnet went for!
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...