Drive Like a Girl...

Grundy

I thought that car insurance was to be gender neutral as of a couple of years due to a Euro directive on sexual equality..

Your right but they dont have to provide a quote to males so can get around it that way, but they do in there small print say if your a bloke and prove yourself you can have money back

A great new way to insure your car and save money

• We know young women are safer drivers than young men.
  • And we're giving you the chance to prove it.
  • Your premium is based on how you drive - our telematics box puts you in control.
  • Get a quote now to find out how much you could save!

*‘Drive like a girl’ - even if you are a boy - and you will get a discount after the first 3 months and could save even more at renewal.

• Like 1

My bad, forgot to explain a bit more, from what I heard on the radio - 'Drive like a girl' basically means you get a black box installed in your car to prove you drive slow (like a girl....)

How the fudge does a company like this get approved...

It's like me starting up a chocolate factory with a slogan of - Eat like a fatty, if you gain 2 stone in 3 months, we will give you money back...

• Like 2

In a basic way of looking at things i.e. claims data, girls have less accidents than boys.

The company wants to install black boxes which monitor how you drive, if you drive in a way that is less likely to cause an accident then you get part of your premium back.

Its quite straight forwards as far as I can see and the headline is just a simple marketing slogan based on a simple stat?

They also have other benefits in that if you have an accident, they have a support line that will contact you to make sure you are ok within minutes of it happening. Also the data collected in the black box can be used if you wish to support any claim you make in a court around a disputed accident.

My daughter gets cheaper insurance because she has a telematics box fitted in her Fiesta. I pay for her insurance and I like her having it because I think it encourages her to drive smoothly and, hopefully, safely and it saves me a bit of money too :thumbs: I know that I would be penalised if I had the the thing fitted in Stanley so I wouldn't consider it. I did think that insurance for women had been outlawed but if stats prove that they have less accidents then I can't see a problem with it? All insurance companies will surely do what is best for them and their shareholders? I doubt they are being charitable to women.

I couldn't tell you because I've never seen it or the information it gives her. I know that it penalises her every time she moves her car a little bit to get it inside the gates in order to make room for her boyfriend's Land Rover so I'm not sure what it is measuring here? Eco friendliness?

Because she logs into an app that charts every journey she makes and there is a traffic light system in place. She gets green lights for nearly all journeys (apart from an occasional amber when she has had to brake or accelerate harder than usual) except the times she moves the car to make room for her boyfriend's car. These short 'journeys' always earn her a red light :(