Torsional stiffness

Zeezeebaba

Ok so I'm looking at a coupe, however I have a bloke popping over in a drop top later. I quite like the look of a convertible and my daughter would love it.My concern is the usual worry of torsional stiffness and how it affects the chassis. Any input welcome on how they compare, thanks.

I tracked an '06 roadster with full Summit underbody bracing back to back with a HR coupe. The coupe was far superior, and that was the exact moment I started turning away from convertibles.

That said, I agree 100% with Alex: On the roads, at normal speeds, you will never notice any difference. I certainly didn't until that single trackday, as I was more than happy with my old ragtop. :)

Sold my convertible in June. Great car and no problems with rigidity. Replaced with another coupe for two reasons.

100kgs heavier than the coupe so slower acceleration.

Roof up looks less sleek. However,roof down looks great....IMHO

Drove 90 % roof up

Commander, I doubt my M would appeal to you. It's a manual in carbon black with 114k miles. Insp2 done in May. Rear subframe reinforcement done. New clutch and ancillaries. New vanos. New conticontact sport tyres all round. A good straight car but mileage puts loads of people off.Compared to some of the tat out there its a nice example. I've even got a replacement wing to go on as one is starting to bubble along an inch of the arch.