Lottery money

Commander

Good for you Commander, congratulations :thumbs:

Sensible head says take a step back, have a couple of beers and think. Common sense says talk to an IFA + Mortgage company and work out the implications of paying 20K of that.

What are the costs / whatever are the benefits? If paying £20k of your mortgage now means you're mortgage free 5 years earlier or saves you potentially that 20k + £x thousands of pounds off your mortgage interest over the term of the mortgage then it's a no- brainer.

I would strongly advise you to speak to a qualified IFA and at least get a few clear options, then you're informed.

Alternatively get rid of the HR and spunk the lot on a new quality set of wheels, like the 911 Turbo, XKR or something equally phat. It's free money after all. You could really go a bit mental and get something like a Mustang, Corvette, 348 GTB/GTS or a F355. You could go for something like a Maserati, a SL55 AMG a Sagaris, etc, etc.

Or you could take that £20k and work out how many amazing places you and the better half can travel to over the next couple of years. That would be an opportunity to create some fantastic memories, opportunities, experiences the like of which most people will never have.

Whatever you decide, all the very best to you :)

EDIT:

I'd just like to add that one thing I would do is possibly buy some fantastically luxurious and comfortable lottery winning pants. Which I would wear just because it would make me feel a million dollars

Edited by Bockaaarck

Good for you Commander, congratulations :thumbs:

Sensible head says take a step back, have a couple of beers and think. Common sense says talk to an IFA + Mortgage company and work out the implications of paying 20K of that.

What are the costs / whatever are the benefits? If paying £20k of your mortgage now means you're mortgage free 5 years earlier or saves you potentially that 20k + £x thousands of pounds off your mortgage interest over the term of the mortgage then it's a no- brainer.

I would strongly advise you to speak to a qualified IFA and at least get a few clear options, then you're informed.

Alternatively get rid of the HR and spunk the lot on a new quality set of wheels, like the 911 Turbo, XKR or something equally phat. It's free money after all. You could really go a bit mental and get something like a Mustang, Corvette, 348 GTB/GTS or a F355. You could go for something like a Maserati, a SL55 AMG a Sagaris, etc, etc.

Or you could take that £20k and work out how many amazing places you and the better half can travel to over the next couple of years. That would be an opportunity to create some fantastic memories, opportunities, experiences the like of which most people will never have.

Whatever you decide, all the very best to you :)

EDIT:

I'd just like to add that one thing I would do is possibly buy some fantastically luxurious and comfortable lottery winning pants. Which I would wear just because it would make me feel a million dollars

Because you're worth it ;)

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/11/13/this-pair-of-hermes-underpants-costs-as-much-as-a-flat-screen-tv/

MOD Edit.

Your posting help is off topic and has been moved to a new topic I have started for you under Forum Help.

Oops sorry 😱 us bloomin newbies! Blonde moment over sorted now thanks 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I would do is to spend a small amount of it on something I wanted, but put the rest towards the mortgage. Depending upon what mortgage you have, you maybe able to make an over payment without fees. If you are charged fees, then invest it instead until you need to remortgage again when you can use it to bring it down.

Also you have to look at your mortgage rates really. Until recently I was tied in to a 7.5% mortgage, when all my mates who had variable rate ones were only on between 0.5% and 1.5%. Typical really. So anything I had spare I threw at my mortgage to try and bring the interest repayments down. Had I been on just a 0.5% mortgage I would have invested any spare cash as id probably get more than that from investing it.

Thanks for all the congrats.

I think I'll end up doing something like;

Sell HR - Buy something else. M135? E92 M3? Not sure...

Engagement ring for the g/f

Few £k extra on a mortgage

Couple of grand on a holiday next year

Even spending £20k is hard work as I want to make sure I get the most out of it... I dread to think what it'd be like if you won Millions!