Flex's dilema  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What should Flex do with his Zed

• Keep it but let the Mrs have it :)
    • Px for R34 in 2015
    • Sell it and get a track toy
    • Just keep it and stop being a tool

It's just convincing the Mrs!!

Hmmm.. i didnt even mention it to the missus. Went to work one day in my 350HR Roadster, came back in a 6 month old BMW 123d coupe. Was the day before I got married too. :lol:

I wish I could roll like that, I need to grow a pair!

• 1 month later...

So I'm getting mega guilt trip on this (i.e. Mrs really wants to keep the Zed), I would like to give the Mrs the car but I cant justify just giving her £5k worth of motor, so should I get her to take a loan out and give me a % of it, if I dont get anything from her I feel that it delays my dream purchase and doesnt make her appreciate how much I'd be giving her.

Does that babble make any sense?

She's your wife and you can't justify giving her £5k of car, that's the accountant in you coming out? :lol::stir: Hope she's not reding this :lol: Get the loan job done.

Well it's paid for but it's me giving her £5k essentially and she's crap with money and I've worked hard for that. I'd probably discount it massively say £3.5k but it's still me giving her £1.5k!!!!!!!!!!!

She's your wife and you can't justify giving her £5k of car, that's the accountant in you coming out? :lol::stir: Hope she's not reding this :lol: Get the loan job done.

Well it's paid for but it's me giving her £5k essentially and she's crap with money and I've worked hard for that. I'd probably discount it massively say £3.5k but it's still me giving her £1.5k!!!!!!!!!!!

Ther's no answer to that!!! You did ask though :)

what car does she drive? i'm guessing its terrible. its not surprising she likes the zed, they're lovely cars. but lovely cars cost money - tell her if she wants one, she has to save up and buy one!

or maybe tell her fine, she can have the car, but that's her christmasses and birthdays covered for the next 10 years.

I gave my wife my 2005 Civic Type R ep3 worth about £4k at the time. I'm also looking at putting the extra money towards her next car.

I earn more than her but i also change my cars alot more frequently, so she keeps her cars for 3-4 years happily but i generally change every 12-18 months.

She has already said that if i think about selling the 350z she wants it, thats fine by me as i still get to drive it while not having to pay for everything on it, i help out on big bills if needed. Yeah it costs me more overall but she is your wife, a happy wife makes a happier husband ;)