Any one used Chips Away???

Diab2005

Unfortunately yesterday I managed to scractch my front left hand side wheel arch as I attempted to park in a tight space (Some arse had parked basically on the line) next to a pillar and stupidly ended up with a scratched wheel arch...the paints come away so i'm considering Chips Away..the thing that worries me is that I know the sunset paint is hard to match. Anyone had any experience with them????

Pics of damage below:

7ZI6eg.jpg

FwHXDR.jpg

QzJUk5.jpg

yQUZeC.jpg

Edited by Diab2005

My experiences with my old Ebisu black metallic 350 at St Albans chipsaway were very good - he worked really hard to match the colour - but it's a different franchisee now, so I don't know whether he's as good.

My advice is go and talk to the bloke and let him know how fussy you are. If he seems reasonable/professional/understanding/competent, make your decision.

I used the Chips Away in Stockport and although initially I was pleased with the results, over about a year the paint seemed to go slightly dull and not have the same gloss as the original paint. Maybe it just needed T cutting but I felt they'd not used the same sort of paint or not quite matched it properly.

I don't think I'd use them again

Never fear I am hear!

Yip I can get pretty much everything done to be honest. Not me doing it but got a pretty good little network of skilled types to call upon.

Paint guy works out of our unit and Brian the dent bloke (whom I met through this very club) can come in every Tuesday and Wednesday,

• Like 1

Oh and for the record Chipsaway are garbage.

Uncontrolled conditions

Totally limited to Chipsaway products only

Wet flatting and finishing newly sprayed paint

I'm not saying there isn't some properly skilled boys out there who can made it work on occasion but mobile repairs will never match a shop repair.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

All I will say with regards to chips away is be very careful if you go for their wheel refurbishing service. I had my two front wheels done by them. But rather than take the wheels off, the guy did them in situ, which was fine initially, however on inspecting the wheels once he had gone, I noticed a light spray of paint all over the calipers as he never put anything behind the wheels to protect them. Luckily a few days later a new set of painted calipers were going on so it wasn't so bad. Had that not been happening though, I certainly would of called them and given them an earful.

• 2 months later...