Anyone watching the Jaguar XE Iaunch?

benjy88

Been patiently waiting for this car for a few while now....have to say I'm pretty under whelmed, the design is really conservative and as my wife points out, it doesn't look any more exciting than our 6 year old E90 BMW 3 series.

15181931555_92dd5f70d8_c.jpg

....infact if anything the E90 has a nice rear/boot proportion compared to the XE.

14859715600_3a5e2890dc_c.jpg

The Mazda 6 looks more exciting.

15178917141_00f5173510_c.jpg

...and the central console looks like it was designed for the 1990's.

15158905886_e42281285e_c.jpg

Sorry Jag, it may have cost £1.5 billion to develop, but its all bit too conservative interms of design to really distinguish it from the German barges, certainly no where near as nice as the XF interms of design......and a starting price of £27K is pretty high, I know the equivalent 3 series has the same RRP, but how many people actually pay the RRP on a 3 series :wacko:

So the search for a replacement to our Civic goes on, certainly in now not in any hurry to get a XE.

Edited by gangzoom

It's going to have a ManuaI V8 too :D :D :D

Where did you get that from? So far they've only mentioned the ZF autobox and the 3L s/c V6 as the top choice.

I'd be astounded if we ever saw a V8 in it, and even more surprised if they did a manual. That's not Jag any more, hasn't been for some years now either.

It's going to have a ManuaI V8 too :D :D :D

Where did you get that from? So far they've only mentioned the ZF autobox and the 3L s/c V6 as the top choice.

I'd be astounded if we ever saw a V8 in it, and even more surprised if they did a manual. That's not Jag any more, hasn't been for some years now either.

He works for Jag or something, doesn't he?

• Like 1

My crystal ball wasn't working, apologies.

You know what though? I'm going to stick my neck out and say we won't see a manual V8 XE. I've no doubt there's mules out there with that setup, but I just don't think the market nor Jag want to do one.

Bit of a aggressive response, Ekona? I was just pointing out how I get the information.

The manual is being set up for F-type at present, introduced on the 3.0, and 3.0 S at first, with a manual becoming available for the V8 S (Not the R) potentially at facelift. It will be most likely the V8 S engine rather than the enhanced 'R' engine that goes into the XE. This is already being filtered down into the new chassis. I'm not allowed to be specific, but the manual will be being filtered into other cars in the range too, not just XE. It will also cover a number of the bigger engines.

There's loads of VERY exciting stuff on the way :D

Edited by benjy88

Ha, okay, no worries - internet never gives you much understanding of people's attitudes...

It's mainly because they just want to be seen as a 'cool' younger man's brand again, with some real drivers' cars in there. Obviously if you compare the M3/M4, they're selling 93% of theirs in SMT format, but they're still doing the manual due to its' image... I'll be over the moon when it appears :D

Edited by benjy88

Remember I work for Jaguar...

Any idea of when the new XF is due B)

Had the wife half sold on the idea of pre-ordering a brand new XE but the design just doesn't stand out enough for us to justify spending nearly £30K on one.....hope it sells well though, by the sounds of it alot of money has gone into developing it.