New s/h Volks GTC,s

mrt

Wrong forum ..... aaargh... Yes the car needs lowering.... got an Invidia exhaust and one pipe sits lower towards the rear so not possible withOUT further modification. Cougar quoted me a good price on Teins so when Falcon Performance start the improvements I plan to lower soon.

• Like 1

Wrong forum ..... aaargh... Yes the car needs lowering.... got an Invidia exhaust and one pipe sits lower towards the rear so not possible withOUT further modification. Cougar quoted me a good price on Teins so when Falcon Performance start the improvements I plan to lower soon.

With the Invidia exhaust it may be just fitted wrong ~ I have the Invidia Gemini system on my Zed. A local garage fitted it but despite my instruction they still did it slightly wrong.

The problem is the pipe on the drivers side at the rear where it goes near the diff casing. This pipe can either go over the roll bar ~ correct way or if incorrectly fitted underneath the roll bar which will cause issues for ground clearance.

The red circle is where the problem occurs and the picture shows how it should look when correctly fitted. :)

49_zpsac896646.jpg

With the Invidia exhaust it may be just fitted wrong ~ I have the Invidia Gemini system on my Zed. A local garage fitted it but despite my instruction they still did it slightly wrong.

The problem is the pipe on the drivers side at the rear where it goes near the diff casing. This pipe can either go over the roll bar ~ correct way or if incorrectly fitted underneath the roll bar which will cause issues for ground clearance.

The red circle is where the problem occurs and the picture shows how it should look when correctly fitted. :)

49_zpsac896646.jpg

I told mrt about this a few days ago in a PM exchange

• Like 1

gm ballistic ..you,re a gem... been speaking to bullet magnet and you both say the same.However the system fits perfect ... is there a different shape between the DE and the HR.?

Not that I'm aware, ...all I know is that pipe can be fitted two different ways.

Simple job of just unbolting, passing it over the roll bar and reattaching to fix the issue. Happy days follow with no more ground clearance issues. :yahoo:

Hi Bullet Magnet.... So you did and I will get Falcon to check it out on Wednesday and let you know the results. You were a big source of help... Managed to negotiate a new DMF from the dealers by the way, so on with the mods. Got a good price from Mitz on the roll bars and droplinks too.

Thanks again.