Handbrake light and traction control light coming on?

Kerry

The last few days I've been driving the car normally and at a random time the red handbrake light will come on after pressing the pedal shortly followed by both traction control lights and they all continue to stay on until I turn the car off and on again, does anyone have any ideas what this means?

I had a similar problem a few months ago.

After a few minutes driving I would dab the brakes and the following lights would stay on the dash

ABS

ESP

TRACTION CONTROL.

When someone checked the rear for me we noticed the brake lights came on very very faintly and the third brake light not at all.

Others on the forum then pointed me to the brake light switch behind the brake pedal.

If you are lucky it may have just come loose and need tightening otherwise a new switch is a 5 min job to fit.

http://cornerbalance.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/diy-350zg35-brake-lights-dont-work-aka-the-easiest-install-youll-ever-do/

Inevitably its low brake fluid - seen this on here many times - should be topped right up.

And might be a sign that the pads need changing if the fluid level has gone down significantly....or maybe a leak (unlikely).

I had this last week - it can be quite hard to see the real level of the brake fluid in the shadows under the bonnet.

When I inspected it closely - it was slightly below the min mark - topped it up to the max - no more lights.

I do need to change my brakes which are getting done this week.