275/30/R19 Kumho or Falken

nath8642

let me cut to the chase

Michelin pilot super sports is all you get advised to get

/thread

personally i had khumo they were fine cant comment on falkens

Don't be hating the MPSS :lol:

I have had the Khumos and MPSS, Khumos are pretty good :thumbs:

i am thinking kuhmos to be fair I've had a set of falkens on and they did pretty well abit slippy and just had a slow puncture that has shredded the passenger rear wheels insides so need a new on to replace that. Im getting a kuhmo then for the time being when i get paid I'm getting all my alloys refurbed as they are flaking like a bitch then I'm getting a full set of kuhmos if every one is raving about them cannot afford any high class tires at the minute.

Those of us that have "promoted" the MPSS are not blinkered to other tyres but I can safely say that the majority have experienced a range of tyres on the ZEDs and I for one have always said that tyres like the Falken 452's are perfectly suitable for normal road use and spirited driving, but if you want that bit extra grip in both the dry and especially the wet, then the MPSS are in a different league.

But yes, at the expense of the MPSS being a little less 'playful' without leaning on the loud pedal quite a bit more, and that may not be the balance that suits everyone. But given more and more owners are increasing engine power that balance might be more suitable and dare I say a little less straining on the pockets given the respective wear factors. Fortunately the cost of the MPSS have dropped signifcantly in recent times, no doubt an added reason for the take-up of these tyres.

Bear in mind the ZED was originally sold with Bridgestones 040's which owners quickly came to learn were great fun in the dry but hopeless in the wet, and whilst the latest 'Stones are a big improvement, in my experience they were still wanting for grip in the wet but then the contract Nissan has with Bridgestone is probably so lucrative it is only feedback from owners that will help others to decide what other tyres are likely to be best for them and the ZED.

• Like 2

I went for KU39's when I needed tyres for new 19's. Paid £150 each fitted for rears from local tyre place. For the fronts found it cheaper to buy online, get delivered and mobile fitted. Decent ratings and happy with the Kumho's, a lot better than the Lassa's that the dealer fitted when I bought the car with standard wheels, which I'll be using as winter wheels.

FK453's are a decent improvement over 452's

Agree with that ~ had both and currently have the 453's on my Zed.

Used in all conditions bar snow so far and I'm very pleased with the way they perform. Grip level is good and consistent plus they don't feel dangerous in the wet which inspires confidence. :thumbs:

• Like 1