Just got 1147 (Heated O2 Sensor 2?)

codders

Hi,

Got an EML and read the code with an OBD reader and I've got an 1147 (Heated O2 Sensor 2?). I was surprised that it was only a 'pending' code. My last car (MR2 Roadster) would only display the EML if the code was a verified fault.

Any clues? Dodgy O2 sensor? If O2 sensor then which one?

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks, already cleared it to see if it comes back seeing it was in 'pending'.

Do you know which one it is? It looks like it's the one after the first cat but I don't know which side.

Do you sell OEM sensors? What make are they? Have I asked enough questions? :lol:

Hey Dave, sorry to hear about your problem but if I've understood you correctly Bank 1 = drivers side. I hope this is the info you were after.

Thanks, that may help. Unfortunately and strangely, the description of the code doesn't specify which bank!? :shrug:

Just found this :

P1147 - Heated Oxygen Sensor 2 Maximum Voltage Monitoring (Bank 1)

P1167 - Heated Oxygen Sensor 2 Maximum Voltage Monitoring (Bank 2)

and according to this link, bank 1 is on the drivers side as samsniss350z has already said.

2003-2004-O2-sensor-location-nissan-z-03.jpg

I'll wait to see if it comes on again.

Currently got the same code since having my exhaust replaced.

Cleared it a few times but keeps coming back. Not planning to replace the sensor though as I'm having Abbey Motorsport do an UpRev remap, part of which will switch off the two rear sensors anyway :lol:

Worth looking into if you've got any modifications as replacing the sensor *MIGHT* not make a difference :thumbs:

Also your code is saying that the heater element isn't working.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the heated element is only used on a cold start to bring the lambda prob up to temperature.

Once up to running speed you shouldn't notice any difference in performance

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the heated element is only used on a cold start to bring the lambda prob up to temperature.

I'm a bit confused why the code was just a 'pending' and why the EML came on. Toyota only display the code when it is a verified code. I guess Nissan and Toyota work a little bit differently.

If there was an open or short I would have thought the code would be continually brought up but I've cleared it and it hasn't come back. Time will tell I suppose.

Thanks for confirming the specific sensor and it's importance (or lack of) :teeth:

I get pending codes - something to do with the ECU not turning the light on unless the same condition happens a set number of times.

So if it detects a fault it logs it as pending and monitors, if it re occurs it logs it again as pending next time (or whatever the count for that code) you get the light on.

Hope you get it sorted :)

if it re occurs it logs it again as pending next time (or whatever the count for that code) you get the light on.

That is the point where I would expect the code to be logged in the verified fault codes area ... but it wasn't, it was only in pending (unverified). I'll keep my eye on it and see what happens.

Sorry they are heated full time as the EGTs are no constant and the sensor need an constant temp to work correctly, but your right about any performance change as the cat monitors do just that, they don't contribute to closed loop running, its only the first bank of O2 sensors that do.