eBay. Crashed..!!

WhackyWill

Well they aren't lying, their services are up without any issue. They are suggesting the issue lies with your ISP And I stated before they block certain traffic and they have been known to add valid services like eBay to their blacklist - or remove from the whitelist depending on the method.

Well that's strange...I'm with Tiscali and its down.

My son is with Sky Broadband and its down, my mate Trev is with Virgin and its down, as I said I can access it

over 3G on my iPhone.. :scare:

Hope I can get on soon as I'm buying something and it finishes at 2,00pm.. :surrender:

what you after Will - I'll buy it for you and then relist it and put it back at an exorbitant price for ya :thumbs:

Thanks mate..knew I could rely on a Forum member helping out.. ;)

• Like 1

Well they aren't lying, their services are up without any issue. They are suggesting the issue lies with your ISP And I stated before they block certain traffic and they have been known to add valid services like eBay to their blacklist - or remove from the whitelist depending on the method.

Well that's strange...I'm with Tiscali and its down.

My son is with Sky Broadband and its down, my mate Trev is with Virgin and its down, as I said I can access it

over 3G on my iPhone.. :scare:

I'm on BT and it's up.

It sounds like an ISP blocking issue. Use 3G but try rebooting your router. If they've applied at router level it should pull the updated config (providing it's applied in that manner and the ISP have resolved). I'm not a networking SME but I should imagine they only pull/push every few hours.

Fingers crossed for you.

• Like 1

Hope I can get on soon as I'm buying something and it finishes at 2,00pm.. :surrender:

what you after Will - I'll buy it for you and then relist it and put it back at an exorbitant price for ya :thumbs:

Very generous yes, and several members have tried to help you out.

You have 3G access after all :shock: :surrender: :shock:

Edited by Fodder

Very generous yes, and several members have tried to help you out.

You have 3G access after all :shock: :surrender: :shock:

Ioneabee is having a joke Fodder, I appreciate all the help on here..!! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ahhh yes I see :headbang:

Reboot your router and see how you go hopefully it's some third party supplying a duff list to the ISP's

We've had it in work with mx records, it even contained out own record in the black list fortunately our checks picked it up and the vendor got a right kicking :lol:

Edit: I give in trying to guess the emoticons :lol:

Edited by Fodder
  • Like 1

It sounds like an ISP blocking issue. Use 3G but try rebooting your router. If they've applied at router level it should pull the updated config (providing it's applied in that manner and the ISP have resolved). I'm not a networking SME but I should imagine they only pull/push every few hours.

What I read there: ****** *** ****** ****** *** ******* *** ****** ***** ETC :lol:

• Like 1

What I read there: ****** *** ****** ****** *** ******* *** ****** ***** ETC :lol:

It's the giggle pin on the laughing shaft now go award yourself an extra long weight.....

Sorry that was an old joke from way back when in my trainee days :lol:

Apparently a load of ISPs had / are having problems because their routers are hitting their routing table limits.

Seems hard to understand that, one rogue config yes but multiple ISP's? I've heard of external facing switches being configured to auto discover by mistake which is pretty much what that looks like to me.... I'm not questioning you but my understanding of how that could come about.

I think Grundy and IIRC Commander are the real experts though

Going by the guff I got from my host, some routers have a 512k entry route table limit and get unstable if more routes are added - a load of extra routes were added this morning which took a few routers over this limit.

Interesting so these are static routes, seems like someone will be getting into hot water with this one. I wonder if these were compliance related which may explain multiple ISP's applying at the same time.

No, they won't be static routes - ISPs advertise which networks they can route to, to other ISPs. More networks/routes were added to the Internet which took the number of available routes on some routers to over 512k which is a limit on some routers.

I don't know any more than that to be honest - also been out of the networking game for ~10 years - the protocols etc have prob changed a bit.

Edited by Jez
  • Like 1

No, they won't be static routes - ISPs advertise which networks they can route to, to other ISPs. More networks/routes were added to the Internet which took the number of available routes on some routers to over 512k which is a limit on some routers.

I don't know any more than that to be honest - also been out of the networking game for ~10 years - the protocols etc have prob changed a bit.

Yeah I'm beyond my knowledge.... Interesting though. Will speak to the network guys in our office tomorrow as I'd be interested to know more.