Track day experience , crash cover?

Mikeyazure

Hi all,

Daughter gave me a silverstone experience voucher for a GTR driving day. just went to book it with them and they ask do you want to buy Accident Damage Cover for £20 to reduce the cover from £1500 to £0.

Well excuse me !!!!! is the cost of the voucher not enough..... :p bloody cheek i say....... :boxing: surely this type of thing should have been factored in to the cost in the first place.?????

the voucher itself probably cost in the region of£200........

after I've had this day out, i really hope they lose the grand prix there and someone builds a decent track.........bar stewards and robbers. :boxing:

Rant over, answers on a post card please, thoughts?????

Nope, seems perfectly reasonable. No different to paying a higher premium on your car insurance to reduce your excess.

If you're comfortable you're not going to bin it (and you're really not, loads of run off and an instructor yelling at you to go slower) then don't pay the extra £20.

not a particularly good rant if im honest... for starters, they're letting you drive their £60,000 car for the low low price of £200 - you could do that every weekend for the next 6 years before you'd paid the purchase price of the car.

then they want you to pay an extra £20 to insure against a £1500 excess, which is 75 to 1... my insurance excess is something like £300, if i could pay an extra £4 on the premium to reduce it to zero, i probably would!

A bit naughty not to be transparent from the off set, however, they have told you now, which IMHO is better than after you have hit the tyre wall.

£20.00 is a very reasonable fee to reduce the excess from £1500.00 to nil.

If you still feel aggrieved take it out on the GTR's tyres and brakes.

Go have your fun and stop whining.

Alex. :)

• Like 2

.............................. is better than after you have hit the tyre wall.

Alex. :)

Hit the nail on the head again Alex :thumbs:

:lol:

@ OP - Get it paid and drive it like ya stole it :)

On the day, if there is a little old guy doing the rides out, make a beeline for him over any one else. His name is Ian Ashley and he did my instruction in the Evoras when I had my free day courtesy of Lotus, and he had me doing things I didn't even think I could. Remarkable man, even if he gets really shouts at you!

On the day, if there is a little old guy doing the rides out, make a beeline for him over any one else. His name is Ian Ashley and he did my instruction in the Evoras when I had my free day courtesy of Lotus, and he had me doing things I didn't even think I could. Remarkable man, even if he gets really shouts at you!

Crasher Ashley..(sorry Ian) old mate of mine. Good Driver. :thumbs:

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Ian_Ashley

Edited by WhackyWill