Are Michelins less fun?

ECG1000

Shame you don't have a chance to get the new tyres on before then, you'd get much more out of the day on new tyres than old ones. You'll be amazed though afterwards, it'll be like a new car :thumbs:

Yeah far to much tread on them unfortunately

In what way would the tyres affect things

Genuine inquiry

It was a comment that was made to me by CG when I first went there with the 911 with 3.5mm on the rears, and he said it's a shame he didn't know as since tyres are recommended to be replaced at 3mm anyway, it would've been a bigger transformation with new tyres as you're then using them to their max, rather than working round worn ones. Or something like that, it was a good few years ago now!

If you've got loads of tread left though that's a bit different :)

It was a comment that was made to me by CG when I first went there with the 911 with 3.5mm on the rears, and he said it's a shame he didn't know as since tyres are recommended to be replaced at 3mm anyway, it would've been a bigger transformation with new tyres as you're then using them to their max, rather than working round worn ones. Or something like that, it was a good few years ago now!

If you've got loads of tread left though that's a bit different :)

yeah there is loads on them fronts are at 6m althogh have took the very inside edge off with to much neg camber

i have gone for the full chasis tune as the i have fitted kw v3 ,roll bars ,and adjustble front and rear arms and the car including ride height and bump and rebound has never realy been set up properly

the car defentily rides a bit stiff and dosnt soak the bumps up like id like

i just hope i notice a diffrence because the full days not cheap as you know :wacko:

Hah, definitely! Yet I still reckon it's cheap compared to the benefit and knowledge you get out of the day. Make sure you spend your time in the workshop with the guys rather than sat on the laptop in the entrance room, you'll learn a ton of stuff whilst they're working on the car :)

Out of interest, do CG check:

pressures before starting?

spirit level on the ramp?

roll car backwards and forwards after adjustments?

I wet to an old school "string n' wire" race team to have mine done the other day and realised that all of the "expert" laser alignments Ive been paying were probably a lot less effective than I thought .........

Hah, definitely! Yet I still reckon it's cheap compared to the benefit and knowledge you get out of the day. Make sure you spend your time in the workshop with the guys rather than sat on the laptop in the entrance room, you'll learn a ton of stuff whilst they're working on the car :)

yeah i think its going to be worth it just peace of mind knowing its all set up nice especially with two euro trips this year

i fully intend to spend my day learning not sitting in the waiting room! the nice thing seems to be that they encourage this aswell from what they said on the phone :)

i will be sure to post up my thoughts on the day on my build thred ;)

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

Out of interest, do CG check:

pressures before starting?

spirit level on the ramp?

roll car backwards and forwards after adjustments?

I wet to an old school "string n' wire" race team to have mine done the other day and realised that all of the "expert" laser alignments Ive been paying were probably a lot less effective than I thought .........

As in tyre pressures? Yup.

Spirit level on ramp yes, it's set to a tolerance of 0.5%, when most places set theirs up to 5% I believe.

Roll car backwards & forwards, yup. Plus test drive/s until you're happy with it, plus fix anything that breaks when you're there (like my duff lower arm bush, didn't charge for labour nor on-cost on the part either).

I agree, having seen just how precise CG are with their measurements and more importantly their setup, I don't even think it's worth me taking the car to a local place for a 6 monthly check unless I can feel it's really off. I'll simply go back to CG once a year and consider it an annual check up if nothing else.

• Like 1

yeah they look great i have a pal races an m3 it was built by hrd this season but they have since parted company built an awsome car tho

FB_IMG_1492631001149_zpsi85rwxon.jpg

The blue one

Butler engine

Just realised we have well hijacked this thred lol

Sorry

Edited by nissanman312

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...