calories :(

StevoD

My 2p for a even half decent meal day.

Breakfast: 30g of porridge oats with almond milk and a handful of blueberry's (assuming you don't have bucket hands)

Lunch: 1 chicken breast and 100g of brown rice with a splash of olive oil (oil/fats that are a liquid at room temp are in general good fats)

Could replace the rice with a sweet potato and spinach or asparagus

Dinner: meat/fish salad.

Snacks would consist of eggs or nuts(not the ones covered in salt)

My understanding of fats and fat is that if you up your intake of good fats like olive oil and those found in nuts your body thinks" hey look at all these good fats I'll get rid of these bad ones as I don't need to store them"

As said if you actually have say 4 smaller meals a day but more often then your body's metabolism should increase and you loose weight.

I'm not one for breakfasts, never have been. Always tend to feel bloated or sick in the mornings, plus I always leave it till the latest I can get up and just make it on time for work :lol:

Can anyone recommend a good suppliment for mornings? Would a shake or something be a good replacement? As I know breakfast is meant to be a key thing.

i need to find a quick heathly long filling breakfast i like

This - I don't like Porridge/Oats etc :lol: Or nuts. I'm a fussy eater :(

Basically like me you dont like anything healthy

Edited by StevoD

i need to find a quick heathly long filling breakfast i like

This - I don't like Porridge/Oats etc :lol: Or nuts. I'm a fussy eater :(

Basically like me you dont like anything healthy

I'm growing on healthy/salads these days to be fair, before I never picked a sandwhich with green in it :lol: But now I like all that.

It's just odd things I don't like - Don't mind sliced tomatoes with something, hate baby tomatoes. Don't like nuts, don't like egg, mushrooms. Don't like mushy pee's, not a fan of porridge or oats, anything like that,

You done well in the pics mate. Again im not expert and agree with most of the posts above. Eating before bed is a no no especially toast! Drop the snacks and just have your 3 meals a day. Introduce some pineapple instead of the magnum dessert and you as above just a walk round the block a day or something just to burn off some of the carbs you have stored during the day... Good luck man!

How does this intermittent fasting work? Like how often should you do it? I'm wanting to lose a stone or so myself. I'm trying to eat better and just got myself a new mountain bike to make me in the exercising mood lol.

How does this intermittent fasting work? Like how often should you do it? I'm wanting to lose a stone or so myself. I'm trying to eat better and just got myself a new mountain bike to make me in the exercising mood lol.

With intermittent fasting you only have an 8hr window in the day during which you eat, the other 16hrs you're only allowed to drink water, tea or coffee.

Have a look at one of the previous pages - I've explained it in a bit more detail how it works :thumbs:

• Like 1

Dieting only works if it's sustained long term, I find doing more excerise the best way.

In the last year have decided to train for a Triathlon, I do 3-4 training sessions a week before work (6am), and on some days burning up 4000kcal.

More lean muscle also puts up your basal metabolic rate, so even though I eat like a pig these days (cakes at lunch, desert every night) am still loosing fat!!!

As an incentive we should Tough Mudder next year as a Zed group.

judging by the pics of chirag we could all stop training now and have him drag us round and we would still complete it! :lol:

LOL :lol:

Still though, I think a Zed Tough Mudder is an awesome idea!

It's not all about calories, it's about hormonal responses to what you eat that also affects how your body deals with what you're eating. Lots of refined sugars, saturated fats and high sugary foods are going to create havoc and will put your body in a more of a fat storage state than anything else. A bit of walking is not intense enough to utilise the calories you're eating. IF you're sedentary you'll need a lot more activity than that. Also, if you are a little larger than average, your hormonal state will be compromised and certainly testosterone levels will be affected and lower (resulting in poorer fat metabolism, as well as a numerous other physiological and biological effects) - also with lower test, means that oestrogen levels will be in a higher ratio, this also helps to store fat - which isn't idea if your insulin resistance is bad.

It's really important to log everything you eat, but also start making better choices about what you eat - and start doing some more intense exercise, like walking but up steep hills, several times, or climbing steps hard, do something for at least 20-30 mins to really get the heart rate going.

Good luck with your goals, I'm happy to help and give you a more 1-2-1 tips if you're serious about sorting out your lifestyle and so on. I won't even expect you to come to the gym with me :p

Also remember dieting doesn't exist - it's about a lifestyle, you have to chose to change that, else your on a highway to nothing.

Edited by wmr1980
  • Like 2

feel honest question as i feel i may have jumped at grundys challenge a bit quick; and please dont take offence

but do you guys ever go out and socialize as in like when you buds go down the pub do you just not go or do you go and ask for water?

Same thing but like im due to g o meet an old school friends for a nandos soon does this mean nothing from nandos can be eaten?

im still confused about bread so can brown bread be eaten safely or is it a case you do it at your own risk kinda jobbie?

Ketchup and other sauces guess you guys avoid like the plague?

Is it a 100% chance of failure if you dont drop everything, like a difference between making it healthier and training like the blooming rock haha

there is a few more but arms feel like jelly and my back hurts from going down the range for like 3 hours yesterday :( And thats not even really exercise

Once you decide to change, then you need to dedicate yourself.

And if that means that for the first few weeks or months that you're gonna be less sociable to get your health in order, then so be it.

There is no quick fix and crash diets are dangerous as you can regain lost weight or more once you stop.

Like mentioned before, don't see it as a diet, see it as a lifestyle change. This is for life.

For example, another member in here, Madmarky, he has lost a substantial amount of weight, but it was a choice he made based on if he wanted to live till 40 or if he wanted to live beyond 40.

Another ex-member, D4NXY, he was overweight and made the choice to change his life, couple years after the decision he was part of the Opening Ceremony of the London Olympics 2012 and still does charity runs to this day.

It's about making a choice that sticks, it ain't easy by no means, especially when you have a lifetime of bad habits eating wise.

It's tough but not impossible.

Wish you the best of luck with this Steve

feel honest question as i feel i may have jumped at grundys challenge a bit quick; and please dont take offence

but do you guys ever go out and socialize as in like when you buds go down the pub do you just not go or do you go and ask for water?

beer is not your friend but i still have a couple of pints here and there. its about choodsing a lifestyle you can live with and for me that includes the odd beer here and there

Same thing but like im due to g o meet an old school friends for a nandos soon does this mean nothing from nandos can be eaten?

Nandos + chicken + good. just try and keep away from the chips and choose a salad.... if you ask most places will happliy exchange for you

im still confused about bread so can brown bread be eaten safely or is it a case you do it at your own risk kinda jobbie?

Brown bread is better than white bread but just limit your intake. if you are not doing loads of excersise to burn off the carbs a whole loaf of brown bread will still end up keeping weight on

Ketchup and other sauces guess you guys avoid like the plague?

everything in moderation! a small amount of ketchup wont kill you... a bucket of mayo is not good... try and go for vinigary dressing like balsamic with a small amount of olive oil

Is it a 100% chance of failure if you dont drop everything, like a difference between making it healthier and training like the blooming rock haha

not at all. you will prob lose weight quicker if you drop everything but just buy changing your diet to a more healthhy option and keeping the odd treat with a bit more excersise the pounds will drop off you

there is a few more but arms feel like jelly and my back hurts from going down the range for like 3 hours yesterday :( And thats not even really exercise

it will be hard at first! give yourself a month and see how it goes.. i bet by the end of the month you will see and feel the benifit then it becomes addictive!

:thumbs:

• Like 1